• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the best video game you've played this year?

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
  • For me it's a tie between Witcher III and Bloodborne. I recently got both of them and they are by far the best games I've played in a long time.

I'm enjoying Bloodborne since it's actually giving me a bit of a challenge. I love that it doesn't hold your hand like so many other games do these days.

With The Witcher III, I'm enjoying the beauty of the game. :) I'm looking forward to playing more of it

Sir Codin

In a year of disappointments, I would have to say Dark Souls 3.

It's PvP was a let down, but I'd rather waste an afternoon partaking in that (and it's damn good PvE) than pretty much anything else released this year.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • In a year of disappointments, I would have to say Dark Souls 3.

It's PvP was a let down, but I'd rather waste an afternoon partaking in that (and it's damn good PvE) than pretty much anything else released this year.

Were you more upset with Dark Souls 3's PvP because of the lack of poise, or was it something else?

Years
  • A game that came out his year, huh? Hmm. I think No Man's Sky was pretty good. A lot of people were really mad at the game for 'lying' to them. I didn't really feel that was the case. It's a game, like any other, but I give it some leeway due to the size of the team. It's unfortunate that a lot of people didn't give it too much of a chance.

To be fair, I haven't really played that many new games. I think I've only played about three to seven or thereabouts, and indie games aren't as big as some other games so they're already at a disadvantage already.

If we go off of DLC, of course, that goes to Fallout 4's Far Harbor and Nuka World. "Give me whatcha got, I'm only gonna count to ten. Give whatcha got, I won't say it again..." - Red Eye

Sir Codin

Were you more upset with Dark Souls 3's PvP because of the lack of poise, or was it something else?
    Lack of poise, the limited weapon variety (everyone uses Dark Sword, Onikiri, Gotthard TB....), invasions always prioritize hosts who have summoned a phantom when matchmaking, the rampant ganking because of former, lack of a in-game dedicated PvP arena (the community had to make one in the form of the Pontiff area). That last one happened in Dark Souls 1 before the DLC, but Dark Souls 2 had one all ready to go...two of 'em in fact. Like....I had hoped that DS3 would be Dark Souls 2 without soul memory, but they messed it up with no poise and the invasion matchmaking. It's almost as if they were under the assumption that people criticizing Dark Souls 2 meant they should ignore it almost entirely (this is in PvE as well....the second game is hardly ever even brought up). The covenants......some of them are useless because of their lame rewards. Watchdogs of Farron is a perfect example because one of the prizes is the Wolf Ring.......except poise don't do anything, so why get it? So Watchdogs is often low traffic compared to Darkmoon Blades, who get a ring that gets you two extra attunement slots.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Not released this year, but played and beat Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Cave Story+ and Axiom Verge. All of them were pretty great.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Lack of poise, the limited weapon variety (everyone uses Dark Sword, Onikiri, Gotthard TB....), invasions always prioritize hosts who have summoned a phantom when matchmaking, the rampant ganking because of former, lack of a in-game dedicated PvP arena (the community had to make one in the form of the Pontiff area). That last one happened in Dark Souls 1 before the DLC, but Dark Souls 2 had one all ready to go...two of 'em in fact. Like....I had hoped that DS3 would be Dark Souls 2 without soul memory, but they messed it up with no poise and the invasion matchmaking. It's almost as if they were under the assumption that people criticizing Dark Souls 2 meant they should ignore it almost entirely (this is in PvE as well....the second game is hardly ever even brought up). The covenants......some of them are useless because of their lame rewards. Watchdogs of Farron is a perfect example because one of the prizes is the Wolf Ring.......except poise don't do anything, so why get it? So Watchdogs is often low traffic compared to Darkmoon Blades, who get a ring that gets you two extra attunement slots.
    So how do you feel then about the dedicated PVP arena with this upcoming DLC? The trailer for it dropped today, by the way, in case you missed it.

Years
  • Since the new Legion expansion has come out for World of Warcraft, that's pretty much been what I've focusing my gaming time towards. Between that and League of Legends, my gaming hasn't really been anywhere else, save for a few nights on playing random games with friends.

I played Overwatch for a bit when it first came out, that was super fun too. And I always seem to go back for a good night of Rocket League.

Sir Codin

So how do you feel then about the dedicated PVP arena with this upcoming DLC? The trailer for it dropped today, by the way, in case you missed it.

It really didn't show enough to give me any information to form an opinion. Most of that trailer was showing stuff in the base game.

I swear, Bandai Namco sucks a making trailers...

Back