• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the longest Pokemon game?

Which is the longest generation?

• R/B/Y

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • G/S/C

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • R/S/E

• D/P/P

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • B/W

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2013
    Which of the 5 generations do you think is the longest?

I think that DPP is the longest and BW is the shortest.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2013
    [COLOR=#a][SIZE="a"]Longest: HG/SS[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="a"][COLOR=#a]Shortest: R/B/G/Y[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    Well it took me 8 hours to get from New Bark town to become Champion and 34 to beat Red... 28 for Emerald and 9 for Diamond I'll have to check my Black...

EarthWolfblade

Returning breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    [SIZE="a"]I'm not talking about personal play time... I mean general storyline[/SIZE]

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2013
    [COLOR=#a][SIZE="a"]I'm not talking about personal play time... I mean general storyline[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    That's what I mean too... I feel that the Kanto part isn't a part of the story... I think that D/P/P is very long... B/W isn't that long really.. I mean all tjhe towns are one after the other...

EarthWolfblade

Returning breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    [SIZE="a"]True. B/W was pretty short. I consider kanto part of it though :|[/SIZE]

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Assuming players conquer both the Kanto and Johto regions, it'd easily be HeartGold/SoulSilver. Otherwise it's Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    First generation games, due to the large number of trainers on routes (I miss them really, one would reach surprisingly high levels for not having gotten far across the world map) and the time that puzzles like navigating the Silph HQ and Seafoam Islands can potentially take.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • I think DPPt.

HGSS seem long at first glance, but because the Kanto parts have no really set path to take, you can beet that in an hour or two

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The longest are probably HGSS, with Platinum right behind it, if we're talking about 100%ing the game. The shortest...either RBY or BW. RBY just has more puzzles, runs slower, and a ton of trainers. But I'm gonna say it's shorter, since in BW there's still a lot more to do, but that's mainly catching legendaries. Like I said, I'm going by a basis of completing the game.

Years
  • Anybody who has played a Johto game knows how long all of the side quests and 16 gym leaders takes. Especially in hg/ss where you have even more Pokemon and legendaries to find. That's why Johto is my fav:P

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • R/S/E. Because of the introduction of the Battle Frontier in Emerald the game was very long. The shortest was B/W because there was barley any post game making it boring afterwords. And the others were all average in length I guess.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Some people may see it as GSC/HGSS with the 2 regions and what not but sometimes it can take longer to fullt complete the others with the additions i.e Platinum with the Battle Frontier and the other storyline that comes along with it.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • GSC, because of the two regions. However if there was only Johto it would have been the shortest.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I never played HGSS thoroughly so I'd say DPPT definitely, I needed so many hours on that game but I enjoyed it too, I'd say it's pretty long.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Johto + Kanto = long-ass game, whatever way you slice it. There were 16 gyms in total, which is a lot for any gamer to accomplish, even if the Kanto ones could have been attempted in any order.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    The gen 2 games for sure. It was just...tasking. I think the longer games are the ones that add too much story, which GSC did a very good job at. It just took forever to beat. Usually takes me days without using hyper speed on an emulator. :'c

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back