• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the meaning of life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Ok i made this thread in the wrong place last time so lets start again...what is the meaning of life?

Years
  • To duplicate our species to the end of the universe and to destroy that which gets in our way. But most people will tell you that theres is none and that 'you have to make your own meaning' blah blah blah...

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • The meaning of life for me is to leave my mark on the world, no matter how small. If you do something significant that people learn about in other generations, then in a sense you've become immortalized.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Ok so I'm really not supposed to do this (I'm supposed to let you all figure this out on your own) but anyway here is the answer to the meaning of life
    Spoiler:

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
  • Ok so I'm really not supposed to do this (I'm supposed to let you all figure this out on your own) but anyway here is the answer to the meaning of life
    Spoiler:

Haha, I chuckled at that...
    'The meaning of life is not a question.'

Being a Christian, I gotta say that the meaning of life is to glorify God. Then die, and spend eternity with Him. :]

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    The meaning of life is to have fun while it lasts and then suffer a miserable death when it ends.
    Yeah, thats pretty much it.

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    To live it and enjoy it, really.

Since I'm not religious or anything, I don't believe that I have any 'bigger duties to fulfill' or anything like that. I just do what I have to to stay alive and make it fun for myself. If I sit around worrying about why I'm here and getting myself all stressed out over what the point of it all is, I'd be wasting a lot of time I could be using to eat fried ice cream or draw pictures or plant trees. That's why I don't worry about it much. :]

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Seriously, it is what you make of it. I personally think that life really has no overall point until the person living it comes along and gives it a meaning. Technically, one could say that means that life has no point, but really, it just means life is a sheet of paper just waiting for someone to come along and use it. Or something like that.

So, if you want it to have no meaning, then it has no meaning. If you want it to be about making babies and dying, then it's about making babies and dying. Humanity as a whole will never agree on what exactly life means, so they'll all essentially go out and fulfill their lives differently. Some will procreate like there's no tomorrow and die feeling they've lived a fruitful (no pun intended) life. Others will never have children but climb mountains, find the cure to the common cold, and do other self-fulfilling stuff, and they'll die feeling they've lived a fruitful life. Others might spend their entire lives doing nothing but living for God, and when they die, they'll think they've lived a fruitful life. Others might do nothing at all but slack off and feel good about themselves, and when they die, they're probably not going to look back on their lives and say they wish they could've done something more. Since all of these people die feeling as if they've fulfilled their lives, then maybe all that means is, literally, there is no right answer past it's what you make it.

...In other words, the meaning of life is exactly what dribbly says is a pile of steaming bull. But it works for me. *thumbs up*

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I'm christian, so for me the meaning of life is a stop on the way to heaven. And to do good things for people, being nice, helping the world. So then I can rest peacefully in heaven. To those of people who aren't christian: It's 42.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
  • There is no objective meaning to life. Life is what you make of it.

Don't life live searching for the meaning, live it to make your own.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • Whatever you want it to be. People will give you different answers and that's because there is no definitive answer. If you want the meaning of your life to be to someday go to Mexico or any other random thing then that's what the meaning of your life is. Only you know what the meaning of your life is. The meaning of mine and the meaning of some one else's are different. If you think too much into it you will soon find yourself asking question after question and never finding the right answer. That's because only you know the answer to your particular life and no one else can answer it for you. Again, if you think too much into it and want to know what the meaning of life is in general then you'll never find it because no one knows. The scientific meaning is to live, reproduce, and die. That's the striaght to the point answer to the meaning of life in general, if you want a deep and profound answer you won't find it because it doesn't exist, at least not generally.

bruom

Wee! Holidays! I'll get a Wii!
    Years
  • the meaning of life... meaning.. life... we all have heard these word together many times, haven't we? and why? 'cuz noone can give you the reason of life. they just try. do they answer wrong? NO. do they answer right? NO. its "half correct". everything we do is the meaning of our life. if you eat some potatoes, then thats part of the meaning of your life.
    however, how can i be sure? its impossible to be sure of anything. I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E.
    maybe, the meaning of life is to discover the meaning of life. so, we all have discovered it...? just a theory...
    altough i cant give you the exact and correct meaning of life, heres a "pearl of knowledge", that my friend has created:
    "Don't waste your life. It's too short for it. Also, don't wait for something. It's too long for it. Enjoy your stay in this world. Make friends, have fun, make and reach your own goals. But, most of all, don't worry doing anything. The true is that you have to enjoy! Have a good life!"

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Invalid question, life has no meaning.

All I've seen from you lately is grumpy, pessimistic posts. :( Be happy.

I actually have to agree with what Careful said. Without love and knowledge, I can't see a meaning to life.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    There is no correct answer to the meaning of life question, as it is an opinion.

(Though to be honest, some opinions are flawed).

Years
  • All I've seen from you lately is grumpy, pessimistic posts. :( Be happy.

I fail to see how saying 'life has no meaning' is pessimistic.

I agree with it - personally, and many will have the right to disagree, I don't think there is a pre-determined meaning to our existence. Any meaning is purely self-made, and thus I live to fufill whatever I like regardless of why I'm here... I don't think there is a reason.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back