• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What is the most challenging aspect of B/W for you?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    You're in a brand new world, you know nobody. The battles are tough, everything you do seems complicated and your friends are stronger than you. Which is the most challenging? Is it something else, such as understanding the actual storyline? Have you actually paused for a second and had to really think hard about something?

And no, just saying understanding Japanese doesn't count. :(

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    To be honest, I found getting through Huin City the most challenging job. Not to mention the gym battle in there, and that honey bee maze. :(

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Understanding Japanese!

So far the hardest thing I've had to do was choose a name, lmao. :(

I spent 30 minutes on the name screen trying to figure out what name name was in Japanese with romanji and traditional and all that. To no avail, I gave up and picked a bunch of random characters that I thought looked cool.

Years
    Lol at Pat.

Um....I only got 10 minutes of experience, but I'll say choosing your Pokemon. Isshu's like Kanto, except better. All the Pokemon look awesome to at least someone.

And the second hardest part is not laughing at Bel.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I can't level up!??
    Leveling up and the first pokemon gym maze. ( I borrowed my friends white for a bit.)

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Its funny i thought it would be the japanese part, but im getting thru it fine, its not different than any other pokemon game. And pokebeach did a great job with the walk thru. Im actually gonna import this game now.

Sabi96

Rank Star 5th-Gen Trainer
    Years
    The most difficult was ordering the game

Just Joking. I really didn't understand Aloe's gym. I had to defeat all the trainers , or just ask oround, or read the books. I still don;t know, but i'm at the fourth gym now

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    And I'm so slow the "understanding Japanese" would only get me a "fail".

So I'm going to say the difficultly of grinding in this game. I love grinding. I really do, but something seems "off" in B/W. Like the experience is lower than what is to be expected from defeating enemies at the level I'm fighting. It just makes leveling up and grinding more like work to me, and that in turn makes the game itself challenging because I can't match my opponents' levels.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    barring japanese, I'd have to say the continous "Nuzlocke BS" I was weakening a Shimama-CRITICAL, I was looking for Dangoro in a cave-DERP BAT. Unless I can find a good Pokemon soon, I might go all the way through the game up to where Kojofuu lives with just Dez the Yanappu and Romo the Pokabu.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Since, I know few basic words in Japanese. I can proceed a bit easier than others. But, the hardest aspect is knowing what Pokemon learn what moves, and evolve at what level! D:

Maxite

Ideas and Insanity
    Years
    Waiting for it to arrive is the most challenging aspect of it right now. Then it'll be understanding the Japanese. Then... well I'll update you all on that when I finally have the game in my hands.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Japanese. Not knowing what's around the corner, where to go, ANY POKEMON NAMES WHATSOEVER, and not knowing gym leader levels. Oh. My. Gosh. Got my ass kicked.

Spoiler:

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    Probably understanding the moves. I can read Japanese and with a dictionary I can understand the plot to some extent, but I don't know what all the moves are in Japanese. Most of the time I look at the move details and just see if it does damage and what its element is and whatnot.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Well I'd call the entire thing hard. Everything's brand new, and in Japanese. But hardest thing so far is in general NO IDEA WHERE TO GO. I keep getting lost D:

Years
    • CA
    • Seen Feb 25, 2014
    cant read japanese, i got stuck after 7th badge, asked for help.
    now i beat elite 4 and N, im stuck agian, waiting for help.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2012
    Trying to understand the japanese. =P

Though the gist is simple enough, i just have some issues.

Back