• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the most memorable/interesting Kanto Region City?

What is the most memorable and/or interesting Kanto Region City?

• Pallet Town

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Viridian City

• Pewter City

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cerulean City

• Vermilion City

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Saffron City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Celadon City

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Lavender Town

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Fuchsia City

• Cinnabar Island

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tremonal

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
    Please read Poll Clarifications. Also, thanks for helping me out with my research. Much appreciated.

Poll Clarification/Things to Consider:
    *Please disregard any specific events which may have occurred in each city. The events which happened in the Pokemon games'/manga's/anime's plot are not relevant.
    -What city comes to mind when you think 'Kanto'?
    -What city is visually stunning, significant to the PokeUniverse, or just your favorite?
    -If you'd like, you can post a description of what you envision the city to look/feel like in a post, too.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    My vote goes to Celadon City, as it was the first really big city in Kanto that you come across in the game. They have the Department Store, the Game Corner, the Pokemon Mansion, as well as a gym and the usual city buildings. It was just so... impressive the first time I entered the city back when I first played Blue.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    The most memorable for me is Lavender Town.
    It has the spooky music, Mr. Fuji, that tower filled with Ghosts, etc.
    It's also my favorite town, along with Pallet.

But for some reason, when I think Kanto, Pewter City pops into my head.
    It's probably because of the countless hours spent trying to beat Brock when I was a wee lad with a Charmander.

Ibis

flyin' with Lugia!
    Years
    I... find it hard to say which city I like best. Viridian City and Cerulean City is what pops into my head when I think of Kanto, but they aren't necessarily my favorite places to go.

For example:

Pewter City is a fun place to visit... it has the Museum area that I like(d) poking around.

Celadon has the big department store and Game Corner... Basically, it seems to have all the bright lights, big buildings, and stuff.

Lavendar (I think?) has the Memorial, which is sad, but gives the game that extra touch of realism to it that makes you rethink the world of Pokemon...

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    For me, it's Pallet Town, and Cinnabar island.
    Pallet because that's where it all starts, and Cinnabar because it's an island with a fire pokemon gym~! ... It just stuck with me... ^w^"

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    -What city comes to mind when you think 'Kanto'?: Pallet Town; it's the starting town in Kanto.
    -What city is visually stunning, significant to the PokeUniverse, or just your favorite?: Celadon City, because of its Game Corner and Department Store.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    For some reason when I think of Kanto, Cerulean and Celadon always pop up first in my head. However, my favorite town has always been Lavender Town

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2011
    Celadon! It has the big shopping centre and the game corner, had some fun times there...:P

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The one that first pops to mind is Viridian City. It's the first step into the world, it has a simple design that you can remember, and you have to pass through it multiple times (get Oak's parcel, pass through, return at the end). It frames the player's journey around the region, and has several memorable moments - drunk man and his Pokémon capturing tutorial (as I recall, he's the only one to fail to capture one, a Rattata in Yellow), the gym leader being Giovanni (that was a surprise once, you know), first fetch quest, first rival battle outside the Professor's lab (optional, and surprising for those like me who missed it in early playthroughs), last rival battle outside the League. There's also the introduction to the Poké Centre and Mart, possibly gyms (you may not count that one, though), and split paths.

Most visually interesting city, though is Cerulean City. Fences, ledges and trees that all actually do something (i.e. block your path), some water and a mysterious cave off to the side, nearby a strange man who looks after your Pokémon for you, also nearby some loner who claims to have invented the storage system, and you have to traipse through someone's ransacked house just to get out of there. It's also a return to civilisation after the long haul through Mt Moon, and there's much more civilisation there than there is in Pewter City. The city itself is arranged haphazardly, with houses not just "around the edges", and they actually look like the town grew rather than was planned. You can't just simply walk straight through this city like you can... all the others, come to think of it - you at least need an HM or to go through someone's house to get past.

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
    I like most of the Kanto cities, with Celadon being my favortie. But when I think about Kanto I think about Indigo Plateau for whatever reason.

Akula

Capitalist Shark
    Years
    I always think of Saffron. So many times I played Fire Red and beat Giovanni in the top of Silph Co.
    I always thought it was one of the best cities in the game.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
    Lavender Town; there's no contest for me. Because Yellow was the first game I played, it had the music that stood out the most. It had that creepy graveyard, those channelers asking for your soul because they were posessed, and it was full of the only ghosts in the game at the time--Gastly and Haunter. (Not Gengar of course)

It's also where I got the Poke Flute, and I was really happy I could finally wake up Snorlax.

Back