• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the most 'unusual' Pokemon you've had on your team?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    For me it was guys like Mr. Mime on Leaf Green, Solrock, Slaking, Regice, and Seviper on Ruby (Yes I had a Seviper on Ruby.), and finally Kangaskan and Electrode on Fire Red to name a few.

If I had to choose one though it would definitely be Mr. Mime on Leaf Green, one of the oddest yet strongest members on my Leaf Green team at the time lol.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I never actually used any odd Pokemon, since I consider no Pokemon odd. But if i am to choose, a Hypno in Leaf Green would be the "oddest."

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I think the most unusual Pokemon I've used was Slaking, wasn't really thinking of having one in my team, my friend gave it to me as a prize, and it's trained really well. :P

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I'm not too sure what classifies a pokemon as unusual but I'm going to just say probably Illumise.

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
    Years
  • If Wobbuffet and Chansey count as odd, then I've used both on the same team before. I've never had a more HP-orientated double team ever, and they work really well together.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2023
    I beast mode with Sableye. Seriously never had him taken out in a battle in game or against my friends. But then again, me and my friends suck. I also love to piss off my friends with Dunsparce's Serene Grace.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Yes I know the spelling isn't correct Magicarp,back then I hardly knew that it was the worst poke in all of history,but it was fun watching it use frail and take every hit and die every turn.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    the most odd was a dunspares in my team on Gold. i thought it, being rare, IS THE BEST POKEMON EVAAAAAAAAAAA. but then nope.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Is weepingbell odd? I spent so long training it and it never got really strong. It was pretty dissapointing. It was the first time I thought - maybe you have to look at a pokes stats and stuff. Before I always just figured practically everything was good once you trained it.

fishrocker

the fish that rocks
    Years
  • I had a Wobuffett one time on Fire Red (post E4). I went into Cerulean Cave with it in the lead spot not thinking about what could happen. I ran into a wild Wobuffett and had to spend at least 90 minutes getting the PP's down and Struggling to death. Since then I've never used one. Ever.

drarixio

Charging up since '89
    Years
  • Is weepingbell odd? I spent so long training it and it never got really strong. It was pretty dissapointing. It was the first time I thought - maybe you have to look at a pokes stats and stuff. Before I always just figured practically everything was good once you trained it.

Weepinbell is NOT weak! The stats aren't bad, but its movepool is. Learning Razor Leaf at level 44! After that, though, after you use a Leaf Stone of it...prepare for an awesome Pokémon. I used one in my run of LeafGreen.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • I had Golbat for my LeafGreen team. He couldn't evolve to Crobat until I get the National Dex. Despite that he was very useful, especially with his Shadow Ball. He easily defeated Agatha's Gengar.

Back