• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the most 'unusual' Pokemon you've had on your team?

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • I always use Jynx in Crystal and I used Wormadam once in Diamond.

I always wanted to try a Milktank out, that will probably be my next weird one to use.

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • I think so far in my Soul Silver run-in, the weirdest Pokemon I've had on my team is a Staryu. Most people don't use it and I found it a bit odd.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2015
    The oddest pokemon I had was my delcatty in my saphire team and Hypno in my yellow team. Also having Murkrow in my firered team. The reason why I said Murkrow because all of my firered pokemon where big and intiminating.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    For me... Lapras, the strange sea monster thing. Sure, everyone got one in the first generation games, but I never really used it myself until recently in generation four. Beside that, it's part-Ice, which is a type I'd never used before before (along with Ghost, actually, so Froslass in particular is still very novel to me).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Don't even ask. I think it was Magikarp in White. :P I don't even know why I had Magikarp with me. I bought that from one guy and then I was like "Cool, what to do next?"

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Don't even ask. I think it was Magikarp in White. :P I don't even know why I had Magikarp with me. I bought that from one guy and then I was like "Cool, what to do next?"
    If you really don't know — you evolve it into Gyarados (level 20).

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
  • I'm thinking about using a Slaking and calling it "Bread" (Bread is loafing around). Hahaha.

I've used a Grumpig and Sharpedo on my Emerald... They're unusual/uncommon, I guess.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Weird is a strange concept since everyone's version of weird is different. I find using any Pokémon in it's final stage as being normal as long as it's within your personal interest to use it.

So if you are looking for something that is weird, to me, weird is using something at a lower stage when you could be using one that is more powerful. And example of this would be when I was using a Doduo instead of a Dodrio because I prefered the two heads over the three. Such a small different, but I could've been getting more out of it if I would let it evolve, but I wouldn't. Oh well.

GibbyGibson

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Xatu. Gosh that thing looks so...ugh. I hate Xatu. Weak, easy to destroy, it's just, ugh, I HATE IT. The weird design to it turns me off, too. I'm all for ancient looking Pokemon, but Xatu is just, dumb looking. I didn't like it in Mystery Dungeon or in the main games. It's just a Pokemon I do not enjoy. And it's weird.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I guess mine would be a Shuckle, just something I love about that Poke, even though the training is a bit tough.

BeliVuk

Pokemon Stadium 64 Player
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2012
    I guess the rarest one I've had is Zapdos, in Fire Red I think? The game were you go to the power plant and find him anyways.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The most "unusual" Pokemon I had on my team was Cradily. I thought it was good, but I realized it didn't suit my style of battling (it's primarily defensive, while I'm an offensive trainer).

Years
  • In one of my old files of Crystal, I had a glitched Azumarill whom I got through a cloning malfunction. The original Azumarill had been an HM slave, and of course so was the clone, but I actually started using the clone and it became one of my best Pokemon. Its name was mostly question marks and typographical symbols, and it froze my game once or twice, but I kept it around.

Back