• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What is the purpose of the Truck located S.S Anne?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2014
    I know that there is no Mew hiding below the truck, but what is the purpose with it? Does anyone know the official explanation of why Nintendo decided to program this truck into the game? Apparently this truck is of such importance that the game developers decided to reprogram it into Leaf Green/Fire Red series as well.

mew-truck.jpg

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • Can't really think of a reason of that, Aesthetics? I mean, why shouldnt there be a truck there, it could be delivering cargo or something. Also it was obviously added to Fr/Lg because it was a remake.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    It's just one of the many unexplained mysteries of pokemon. Use your imagination.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I bet Nintendo put it into FR/LG just as a joke, because they heard of the myths of Mew.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • From what I can tell, I don't remember seeing a truck at the SS Anne on neither Kanto version. It's probably added for some odd and unknown reason.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • From what I can tell, I don't remember seeing a truck at the SS Anne on neither Kanto version.
    That's because you cannot normally see it - you have to do something specific to see it. (In FRLG I believe it has a Lava Cookie inside it as well). As said at any rate it was an Easter Egg - I remember seeing this discussed ages back and someone showing the result of an email to Nintendo stating that it was an Easter Egg.

Jesus of Suburbia

I Wrote Holden Caulfield
    Years
  • That's because you cannot normally see it - you have to do something specific to see it. (In FRLG I believe it has a Lava Cookie inside it as well). As said at any rate it was an Easter Egg - I remember seeing this discussed ages back and someone showing the result of an email to Nintendo stating that it was an Easter Egg.

The Lava Cookie was near it, not in/on it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2014
    Mew is under the truck. I bet you just didn't count right and only beat the elite four 99 times or something.

Lmao, now when i think of it, i only managed to beat the E4 team 98 times and my Gameboy ran out of batteries, oh damn. Better luck next time.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
  • It was never really explained why the truck was there in the original but they put it there in the remakes for a joke with a lava cookie if you do the technique 'to get mew' with it

Guest123_x1

I saw the truck there long before I ever heard of being able to get Mew from under it. I thought of it then as just a decoration and still say it's a decoration now.
    If the truck ever did serve any purpose, whatever it was intended to do was pulled during development (sort of like the infamous "The BROCK wants to fight" that can be seen in the Red/Blue player's manual).

Back