• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the rarest card you own?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Well... I don't really know if it is "rare" but I had an Ancient Mew. The only one in my community. I also had half a Birthday Pikachu... or maybe a quarter. It was basically only the picture.. no back.. no bottom.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    This is true. Holofoil rares were one set of cards, and a different set of cards were the rares, at least in the Base Set.

I took some pictures to show what I mean :s

Spoiler:

See that Kangaskhan? It's holographic.

This one isn't:

Spoiler:

That's what I mean by the "base set" - the first cards that came out (the first Pokemon cards of the first 150 Pokemon). I don't mean a box set you buy at the store xD

I consider Jungle/Fossil/no Symbol as the "base set" :< maybe I got the terminology wrong, but now you know what I mean lol

Here's my other guys:

[Charizard [H]]

Spoiler:

[Shining Tyranitar [H; FE]]

Spoiler:

[Shining Raichu [H]]

Spoiler:

Uh... Yeah, I kind a had to use my webcam to take those pics lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2011
    The Worlds Staff Promos 04-09 are my rarest. From the regular sets, the most coveted I have are probably the 1st Edition Base Set Charizard, Charizard ex, and the Reverse Foil TV Reporter 88/97.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015

I'm not entirely sure, I know you can get them on Ebay (which is where I got mine), but I don't know how many were printed. It's one of the prize cards from the Japanese Player's Club program, definitely not the rarest (the rarest at the moment goes for several thousand, nothing near what I payed for the Rayquaza), but it's kind of cool anyway.

mars714

Comic Maker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2010
    I have Entei star. (not sure what the difference is from a Shining Entei) And then of course there is my favorite card from my collection... Blaine's Arcanine. Thats from the ORIGINAL Gym Leader set. Meaning you can't play it without Blaine's Growlithe. ... Unlike the new set... (sigh) I also have Misty's Seadra, & Erika's Vileplume.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2010
    Reverse Holo TV Reporter from the EX Dragon set. Insanely rare. Also have a Japanese Grand Party promo, which is absurdly hard to get, and 50+ top tier Lv.Xs and Primes, along with a handful of decent EXs, such as Wailord and Blastoise.

Ayselipera

Hmm, I'm trying to think of my old case in my room without actually getting up look at it. xD

I'm going to go with... off the top of my head this really old Aerodactyl card. I got it when I was seven or so, so it's pretty old. Also it's holographic and has a star. :D

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I, uh ... I don't know. I don't think I have anything particularly rare. -_-;

I have a crystal Lugia from like, Expedition.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Crystal Lugia is actually a very valuable card, and it's from Aquapolis. The cheapest mint-condition one I've seen was selling for $40, and that's fairly low compared to what it usually sells for.

Raikou Trainer

Competitive Pokemon TCG player
    Years
    I've seen those reverse holo TV Reporters on ebay, why are they so rare?
    I'm not 100% sure if this is right, but apparently there was an error in the distribution of TV Reporter compared to other reverse holos, therefore fewer were printed. I don't believe it was intentional.

Anyway, I think the rarest card I own is the Victory Medal I won at Battle Roads yesterday. I guess my next rarest are my two Luxray GL lv. X's.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Crystal Lugia is actually a very valuable card, and it's from Aquapolis. The cheapest mint-condition one I've seen was selling for $40, and that's fairly low compared to what it usually sells for.
    Good to know. ^_^ I haven't looked at it in forever since it's not a super card game-wise.

chillj

Not active anymore.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2022
    I have 7 rare cards.
    A Giratina, a Cresselia, 2 Level X Tangrowths, A dark Arceus, a fire Arceus, and a Psychic Arceus.

Back