• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the rarest card

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    Right now, the rarest card is Garchomp Lv. X, but overall. I would say Charizard 1st edition (the one from the first Pokemon TCG series). It's worth like $175-$200.

MoonlightUmbreon

The Shifting Shadow
    Years
  • I just read that the old first editions were rare - I have two Jungle deck 1st Editions - Eevee and Scyther. What would you price them as?

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • I found what my friend rather amusing.Because she said there was a missingno card on ebay and said it was really super rare.. Hahhahaha xD.. ..Darn now I want a missingno card..

Attacks..

KILL YOUR GAME D:

XD

Years
  • Uh-huh, and that's based on what exactly? :P
    Well, Lugia EX, and it WAS obviously rare.
    I found what my friend rather amusing.Because she said there was a missingno card on ebay and said it was really super rare.. Hahhahaha xD.. ..Darn now I want a missingno card..

Attacks..

KILL YOUR GAME D:

XD
    There's no such thing. Missingno isn't even a pokemon, just a glitch. There's no actual card unless some guy printed off some cheap fake thing and tried to sell it. My money's still on Lugia EX although that Charizard 1st Edition from the base set gets pretty close. I've also seen a pretty expensive Charizard EX, although that thing was just some sort of Uber card...

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • There's no such thing. Missingno isn't even a pokemon, just a glitch. There's no actual card unless some guy printed off some cheap fake thing and tried to sell it

Yes I know that I'm not an idiot hahah xD but it would be pretty hilarious if they did have one.. but on a serious matter.. I really have no idea wat the rarest card is.. my bet is on the ex's or lvl x cards x_x

Years
  • Yes I know that I'm not an idiot hahah xD but it would be pretty hilarious if they did have one.. but on a serious matter.. I really have no idea wat the rarest card is.. my bet is on the ex's or lvl x cards x_x

I didn't say you were one! But if they did have one it would probably be like PokePower: Light your deck on fire. Then go buy some more cards for more glitches to destroy. You lose the game.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    oh...But can you tell if a fake card is fake when it looks just like an original?

Years
  • oh...But can you tell if a fake card is fake when it looks just like an original?

Hold it up to a light. The real cards are opaque (meaning you cannot see through them), and the fake ones likely let light through. A fair number of the fakes are just stickers pasted on paper. Stuff like this doesn't happen often anymore because Pokemon isn't as popular as it once was, players have a better knowledge of what a fake is, and are better prepared for discovering one.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • From my point of view, I'd say golden cards, only 5 exist in each state, and maybe a Gallade card. My brother searched everysingle package of cards at Target and everywhere they sold cards, no Gallade. So I'd say those 2 cards.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • LOYALemerald has already stated the rarest cards, it seems; so assuming you're going to want to actually own a few rare cards, I'm going to say the Mew promo card, since it could only be acquired as a single card from various newsagents. Sold for £2 at the time of release but of course that was only around the time of the first movie, which was about nine years ago. Unless people have been better than me at keeping these than I have, it's likely very hard to get.

Yeah they are so hard to get, that my friend had about 30 of them. He let me have 12 since they are like toilet paper, i'll get a picture of them in a second and edit my post

Not sure how he got all of them though, I remember asking him, but it was so long ago that I can't remember what he said... :/

Edit:
    What is the rarest card

What is the rarest card

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • How much are the jumbo-sized cards worth?
    There was one time when they sold these cards which were 4x bigger than all of the other cards. They were official, I think. I've only seen one in my life, but that was at a card store.

I remember going to see the 3rd movie and getting like 40 Entei cards because people left them on the floor and all.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    This may be a bit late, but...

As far as I know the rarest card in existence is Prerelease Raichu.

To my knowledge there are only 4 currently in existence, and most people deny they even exist.

I cant ever deny those were ever made now, but I would really question if WOTC or PUI would authenticate em as being real. Kinda like money and coins being legal tender and all. But I mean has any of us seen a pre-release raichu?

You're not talking about the old Dark Raichu from the Jungle/Fossil/Team Rocket days, are you? Because I can say that it was NOT that rare. ...In fact, I may still have one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2009
    The rarest is some trainer that was given as a prize, I'm not sure where but i remember reading it in an article at some card shop a few years ago.

Back