• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what is the reason why people in this website love Pokemon so much?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    1. nostalgia
    2. Collection Pokemon
    3. Online battle
    4. story line
    etc..

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    1. Check
    2. What do you mean by that?
    3. Check
    4. Not really
    5. I don't know, I've always found pokemon to be very entertaining to me

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    There are lots of reasons to love Pokemon. You named just a few.... now, judging by the thread title, your question is why people in this specific forum love Pokemon, to which the answer is really simple - it is a forum dedicated to everything Pokemon. Of course there'd be a lot of Pokemon lovers here.

For me, it's the diversity. The unlimited possibilities of team building, training, evolving, trading, etc. It's very entertaining.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I have pretty much loved Pokemon since I started Gold, my first Pokemon game. While I love certain aspects of the world more than others, I enjoyed the nostalgia and the fact that I can pick and choose random monsters and play with my friends. I think Pokemon is just a good thing all around. Plus the PokeAdventures manga makes the world that much more fun, and I love the Masked Man as my ultimate favorite villain ever, and Rival ??? was my favorite anime character for years, even now.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    We usually find ourselves here because we have things to let off regarding Pokémon, and putting them into message boards is, I believe, what most of us find a good way to go about, haha. Of course, we have members on PC that are no longer interested in this franchise, but still hang out due to how fun it is and whatnot in general.

As for me, I'm here mainly to share my thoughts on Pokémon games. Of course, there are plenty of other boards here I visit--such as General Chat, Welcome Lounge, Fan Clubs & Groups, and so forth--but gaming forums are where I post most.

Anyway, this would likely fit better in Pokémon General, so if you don't mind, I'll move it there for you!

Thread moved.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Mostly the diversity of the creatures! You could do anything with pokemon, write any story and play the games in so many different ways depending on what pokemon you choose. It's something no other franchise has done quite as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2014
    People who love pokemon come and join here, the reason for love is the character of the Pokemon it self

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
    Not only I have been here becuase of Pokemon, I really like the cool members of the community. It seems as though I really adore them and their puns, they are all just really funny.

2MooglesGaming

PokeMoogles
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2015
    Mostly the diversity of the creatures! You could do anything with pokemon, write any story and play the games in so many different ways depending on what pokemon you choose. It's something no other franchise has done quite as well.

That's definitely one of the reasons I love Pokemon. I jumped on the bandwagon when the show, game and CCG all hit the states. There was just so much potential I couldn't stay away. It was so much fun feeling like I actually could do the things that the trainers were doing.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I love Pokemon because of the fact that no two players use the same 6 Pokemon in their team. No two players have the same list of their favorites or have the same stories to tell. Every experience is unique, including when I do a new playthrough. I can't experience the same phenomenon when playing other video games.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    I reckon the main reason I'm still staying with Pokemon is because it's something that's been with me all my life. It was my first gaming experience, and one I kept staying with, and it's just not something I've ever been able to give up. As for reasons pertaining to the actual franchise, the fact that the games don't exactly have an ending is a huge factor. Once you've beat the story, you can catch them all. Once you've caught them all, there's usually a some kind of post-game challenges you can do, such as the Battle Tower/Frontier, contests, Pokéathlon and whatever else. Once you've done that, there's always gonna be other people you can battle against, and competitive battling could be a thing. You can go shiny hunting, you can search/breed/trade for the perfect Pokemon. Or you could simply play through the game with self-applied challenges such as the Nuzlocke/monotype/watever challenges. Like Lilith mentioned, every playthrough is always gonna be a whole new experience. And it's a franchise that shows no signs of dying out anytime soon, so you can always expect there to come new games. And it's all this variety that's kept me interested in the franchise for so long.

Then there's also all the other aspects to the franchise, such as the anime, manga, TCG and the amazing community the franchise has bred. That's why I love Pokemon so much.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    When I first glanced at the title I thought to myself, "Look, another dogtree thread".

To answer the misinterpreted question. I'm on this forum for nostalgia purposes and I like talking with people about similar interests. Doesn't get any simpler that that. I'm not only here because of Pokemon tho, I as well like getting involved in some of the non Pokemon related topics.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    I am on this forum to support pokeshipping and the undying love of Ash and Misty. I have not watched pokemon since Misty left and I NEVER WILL.now if MISTY comes back then I will watch the show again.

Scarlet Knight

Respect the Chemistry
    Years
    I think because Pokemon has boatloads of content in its fandom, it's not so hard to find a reason to be a part of it. You have games, anime, roleplaying, literature, art, etc. Heck, Pokemon has just about everything you can find in an ancient culture. Personally, I've stuck around because of fanfiction. I've outgrown the anime and I don't have time for the games, but I love to read and write fics. Pokemon definitely has its flaws, but the fact that it has such a large fanbase is something you can't take away from it. It's a really impressive accomplishment if you think about it.

Years
    Well, I like Pokémon since there are so many ways to play it, and even though the adventure follows the same formula, it works because you can use different Pokémon every time and have a different experience. This has been more prevalent with some of the newest releases, like B2W2 and XY which have several Pokémon to catch before completing the main story.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Personally, the large variety of well designed creatures that you can interact with. Its like instead of having one virtual pet you can capture all of them. And that was the slogan back then to catch them all. (Personally I would've removed the Gotta part and simply keep it at "Catch Them All!")

But im mainly speaking from GSC. Giving Pokemon nicknames also felt like the pokemon belonged to me and helped me differentiate it from wild pokemon.

27thColt

The Collector
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    I'm sorry if I'm being mean, but what? You just put a list of reasons why you think people like pokemon.

Anyways, back on topic, a big reason is nostalgia. Now, I've only been playing pokemon since Gen 4, but that is because it gained so much steam. Great start means great profit. So many people loved Gen 1, this causes a huge rush in popularity. However, as years past, people will tend to leave. However, since it got that initial push a series needs, it was able to gain enough popularity through each generation to still be relevant.

It is also because it is a beloved genre by many and it is simple. Yeah sure, not everybody loves RPGs, but you have to admit they ARE pretty popular. What is not to love about adventuring, raising your own characters and shaping them how you want them to be. It is so simple yet it has so many layers for strategy. Unlike other genres, you really get to create and be the character instead of being in the shoes of another character like a soldier in an FPS. Sure, there is a certain main character and a certain plot, but your actions will play a big part due to customizability. (What I'm saying here is true for other genres but in an RPG, you really control the character with how you distribute stats, etc.)

Oh yeah, another reason why this is popular is because it is FREAKING POKEMON. What else is not to love about going around the region with your friends challenging others with the monsters you collect and train!? 721 FREAKING POKEMON. You get to go around on your journey, collect the ones you want, battle other stronger opponents and STRIVE TO BE THE BEST.

CUE MUSIC!

I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS...
    TO CATCH THEM IS MY REAL TEST,
    TO TRAIN THEM IS MY CAUSE!

I WILL TRAVEL ACROSS THE LAND,
    TRAINING FAR AND WIDE

THESE POKEMON, TO UNDERSTAND
    THE POWER THATS INSIDE!!!

POKEMON

classicpaul64

PokeTuber
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I'm gonna try to answer this without rambling x3 But here goes nothing! :D

I played this game since 1998. Around that time, my family was going through some pretty rough stuff, and since I was only like 7 at the time, younger me kinda retreated into the world of the games. Every time a new game came out, I had to have it. And to this day, I still have most of my games to this day. Then when I got into college, I found out about PokeTubers like TamashiiHiroka and Chuggaaconroy (even though Chuggaa isn't quite a PokeTuber, I still like his Pokemon series), and it made me feel better knowing that people my age were still into this game. (Somewhere along the lines it became really un-cool to play Pokemon, but I never bothered to care) Then I began doing videos myself, having been inspired by those people I watched for the past few years. And I decided I would dedicate myself to this game that got me through some of the worst times. So for me, it's more of a deep rooted passion for the games. :)

Back