• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the use of mega aerodactyl?

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2020
    Doesn't an aerodactyl with an held item do a lot of damage already? or so that's what i heard.

I also heard that some of aerodactyl powerful moves doesn't make use of his mega ability...so tell me

Some powers that only Mega Aerodactyl can use that his normal form can't?

And is the power difference worth using Aerodactyl Mega?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Mega Aerodactyl is a good check to Talonflame, as it resists both of its STABs. It can also outspeed and revenge kill some of the new OR/AS Megas (to be more specific, Lopunny, Gallade, Sceptile, and Beedrill). While it's true that Stone Edge doesn't benefit from Tough Claws, Aerodactyl has other coverage moves that benefit from it. Tough Claws also makes its STAB Aerial Ace an acceptable attack to use. Here's what it commonly runs:
    -Stone Edge
    -Aerial Ace
    -Fire Fang/Earthquake
    -Aqua Tail/Ice Fang
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 248 Atk/44 Def/216 Spe
    Item: Aerodactylite

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2020
    Wow so pretty much, his mega evolution provide higher attack stats. to make it as strong as aerodactyl with choice band? but the benefit of mega aerodactyl, is to use coverage moves? hmm

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Wow so pretty much, his mega evolution provide higher attack stats. to make it as strong as aerodactyl with life orb? but the benefit of mega aerodactyl, is to use coverage moves? hmm

Aerodactyl's Mega Evolution makes it an excellent revenge killer in conjunction with its wide movepool. I also forgot to mention that its bulk is pretty good for an offensive Pokemon, provided you get priority it's weak to (Bullet Punch and Aqua Jet) out of the way.

Regular Aerodactyl, on the other hand, is pretty frail.

Back