• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the worst food?

Years
    And why is it onions?

(AKA, what foods do you dislike, and why? Have you grown to like foods you used to hate and vice versa?)

Years
    this is going to get me reported but: mashed potatoes

i think i had them once when i was a kid, found them gross, and never had them again and held a grudge to this day.

Years
    used to hate all kinds of veggies until someone cooked them right and i couldn't get enough. pickles too, i used to constantly remove them from my cheeseburgers until i actually tried them and now it's become a staple. i'd like to think my taste buds have matured enough to be accepting of more different kinds of tastes :D

except matcha because that forever blows

Years
    Tofu. Soy is awful for you and you can make so many delicious vegetarian/vegan recipes, especially if you have a local farmer's market.

Years
    Hate me if you want, but bacon is so overrated. It tastes okay, but I don't know why people praise it so much. It's just a sad little strip of meat. Most of the time it's either too soggy or too crispy anyway. There's no in between.

Last edited:
    Years
    If liquid is on the table then the worst thing I have encountered has to be aloe vera juice. At the time my uncle was working selling different health products, and one time he brought over some kind of aloe beverage as his miracle food of the month. As a man who has diabetes my uncle said that it had a lot of benefits for him, and proclaimed how it also showed promise for reducing cancer risk, heart and liver disease, was good for weight loss and digestive health, everything under the sun.

I know that aloe has vitamins, antioxidants and is antibacterial, so I don't doubt some of the benefits he was touting. I have used aloe topically before to heal burns and cuts, also tried it in beauty products and found it clears up the complexion nicely, and makes my hair and skin baby soft. I didn't know at the time that it was also used for human consumption, but was open to trying it in new ways if eating it would bring so many additional health benefits.

So I drank a teaspoon of this aloe-based beverage as directed, and my first reaction was that it tasted like drinking poisonous chemicals. I was in no way prepared for how nasty it tasted. Since the insides of an aloe plant are clear, I just thought it would be neutral and tasteless like water, but it was actually unbelievably bitter and immediately-locked my jaw up. It was so hard to scarf that teeny, spoonful down. It was getting stuck in my throat, and I was sticking my tongue out in revulsion, trying to get the taste out. But the acrid paint-like substance in my mouth lingered. Everybody was puckering their lips like they had just sucked on a sour lemon, was grimacing and shutting their eyes in pain, making all sorts of faces. Nobody thought this tasted good.

I don't know if this is how aloe tastes, or if this particular brand of aloe juice had other ingredients and additives that made it taste like this, but I don't care to experiment drinking anymore aloe to find out.

It not only tasted foul, but it physically made me so sick that I threw up the whole weekend. This stuff was so bad that my body evidently thought I really had ingested a deadly poison, and reacted as if it was under attack from this strange substance and went into defense mode in an attempt to purge those few drops of aloe from my system. Fun fact I drank it just before a birthday party, and I couldn't enjoy myself or have anything fun to eat after that. Thanks Uncle Mark.

I have a strong stomach. All of the foods mentioned here so far are things I have eaten before, and think are at least okay. I would rather have the taste of pickles, mashed potatoes, shrimp, fish, bacon, tofu, onions and vegetables all combined in some odd way before another taste of aloe.

Last edited:
    Years
    Boiled cauliflower. The taste is as bad as the smell. I usually like vegetables but can't stand that one.

Years
    Boiled cauliflower. The taste is as bad as the smell. I usually like vegetables but can't stand that one.

Ok but if you are just boiling your cauliflower you are kind of trying to cook poorly. Anything just boiled in water is going to be shitty and bland, if you par blanch it and then grill it with some seasoning then it is delicious!

Years
    It not only tasted foul, but it physically made me so sick that I threw up the whole weekend. This stuff was so bad that my body evidently thought I really had ingested a deadly poison, and reacted as if it was under attack from this strange substance and went into defense mode in an attempt to purge those few drops of aloe from my system. Fun fact I drank it just before a birthday party, and I couldn't enjoy myself or have anything fun to eat after that. Thanks Uncle Mark.

I have a strong stomach. All of the foods mentioned here so far are things I have eaten before, and think are at least okay. I would rather have the taste of pickles, mashed potatoes, shrimp, fish, bacon, tofu, onions and vegetables all combined in some odd way before another taste of aloe.

What if it's meant to make you puke to empty your stomach of like...idk bad food stuff.

This is a joke, that sounds completely disgusting and I can't imagine drinking Aloe or even consuming it but there are some people who just eat the jelly right out of the leaf.

Years
    Ok but if you are just boiling your cauliflower you are kind of trying to cook poorly. Anything just boiled in water is going to be shitty and bland, if you par blanch it and then grill it with some seasoning then it is delicious!

Maybe you are right but I've tried "disguising" it in a couple ways and still beats me. It's my weakness!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years

i think i had them once when i was a kid, found them gross, and never had them again and held a grudge to this day.
    Sounds like you had badly mashed potato tbh, it's nice when well prepped. Not all potatoes are ideal for it and it's easy to make them too mushy though (and the insta stuff is... way less good).

Liver is one of those foods I really cannot stomach (heh). The smell initially is great and then it just triggers something and the taste really is off-putting for me.

Years
    This is REALLY gonna get me reported, but cake/most sugary foods. :o They're gross and fattening. It's more of a teeth sensitivity thing for me really.

Don't worry, such a report would immediately be trashed. Ones taste in food isn't a report worthy thing.

And I'm much the same, most cakes are just too much for me, especially pound cakes. Some doughnuts and eclairs have a similar effect.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years

Affirmative. You've been reported 😂 i didn't really report you.

How can you not like mashed potatoes? They are a part of my Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner 🤤 (and other days of the year..)

And I'm much the same, most cakes are just too much for me, especially pound cakes. Some doughnuts and eclairs have a similar effect.

🤢 Same, most cakes are too much for me as well- like you, especially pound cakes 🤮 I also get a similar effect from the doughnut variety. (eclairs too.)

Back