• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What is/will be/was your rival's name in Platinum?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    When I get to play Platinum (probably this Friday), I plan on naming my rival S. When I first started my Red game, I wanted to pick a name that sounded bad, and for some reason I disliked the letter S at the time, so it became my rival's name. I don't have anything against the letter S now (actually, I rather like it), but for tradition's sake, I plan on calling my rival S in this game and in every game hereafter.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
  • When I was younger, I named him the name of another kid at school who liked the same girl I did at whatever time I was starting the game.

In Platinum (And Diamond.. Emerald.. Firered.. anything after second gen) I just named him after my best friend.

The Red Chain

In DP I called him Tyson.. guess changing to Pearl would only be proper..
    considering it's his manga name.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    hmm maybe i will name him Marcus. lol. i will name him that because in my band Marcus is the best saxophone player. i wanna be the best!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I named my rival Barry :) It seems simple, and that is his name in the anime! :P

Cid

Years
  • Chris. In short for my other name, Christopher.

I guess that's because I wanted a Piplup but tried to use Chimchar (as a starter, though I guess I'm fine with Chimchar --I mean Infernape now). Which is why I gave my name to the rival, so that it's almost as if I was the one with the Piplup. (lol. What a lame reason.)

Years
  • Heh, I am a girl but i LOVE the new look of the boy trainer. And I dont like Dawn. Do you think it isnt normal if I pick a boy? O.o If I will choose a girl, it can be Lithia (Lithium -> Lithia), if it will be a boy Ill name him Diamond, Pearl or Lucas. And my rivals name can be Tim, Timmy, Edward or Tobias just because i like these names :) . And I know, there can be some ugly mistakes, Im sorry but I dont speak english very well. I understand you, but Im not sure that you can understand me :D sorry again

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I called mine Lewis. Reason being is that he's called that in my Pearl version too. That name just sorta seems right for him.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I decided that this time, I would name my rival after a character one of my good friends has in one of his stories that he's been writing for quite a while, now. Its actually also a rather common name used by him online, although usually with an additional word or two; Felix.

Unfortunate thing for him is he can't name the rival after me, because that would just be strange. XD

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen yesterday
    I named him Bread. A silly character needs a silly name, yes? I named him Pizza on my Diamond. :P

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Right now I've named him Skylar, because I like the name. It is a serious name because it is my first run-through on Platinum. Eventually I might restart and give him a retarded name. (such as ****)

Back