• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Is with the Phone system?

Years
  • She told me her Marill evolved. I saw it 5mins later and it was still a Marill, I was expecting the sprite to change -.-

Anyway, I don't accept their requests to add me unless they give me items or battle me. It's the best way to keep them from annoying you. Just reject. Some of them will mention a battle if you reject them where you can just talk to them again and accept if they really will battle you again.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I guess it's like training with a price of annoyance. I trained my pokemon for the E4 using my phone and a trainer on route 26. But I had to keep changing the day to keep it the same. I also noticed, sometimes I get a call from a trainer, and they ask for a battle even though it isn't his day that you can call. That's why sometimes I pick up the phone. It's annoying some trainers also have a time to call them too. For example: Atrainer Day: Sunday Time: 4:00-8:00 P.M. I just use the mom phone calls as a marking that new berries have come( Thats all I get now) to the Mart and I need to go. Eventually, I just pick all of the mom items gathered up. But she did get me a focus sash and a moon stone.

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
  • The mom calling is so persistent I eventually pick up with the desire to scream: WHAT!?!?! LEAVE ME ALONE AND GET A JOB! >:C
    But I refrain, even though all her berries are currently useless to me since my character has nothing to do but train mons to fill the dex.
    Also the conversations are kind of pointless.. Especially ones that are creepy or only a setence long.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • When trainers call me, I either fly away, walk into a house, ignore it, or go into a menu screen.
    I don't like the pointless calls. I understand for battles, but not 3 second calls about their Pokemon or how their day was.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    The most pointless phone call I ever had went along these lines:

"Hi Kip! You know, I can't stop thinking about your adventures!" *CLICK* ... ... ...

What the hell? You made me stop and open my PokéGear for THAT? Bye bye Latios...

The most irritating one though is the combination of the Amulet Coin and Gym Leader battles - your Mum phones after EVERY BATTLE!

"Hi Kip - I've been spending your money on many berries you have never heard of nor will ever use! Bye!" *CLICK* ... ... ...

*Throws PokéGear against wall for lack of a delete button*

anthonyrossbach

CEO SBIH Inc.
    Years
  • I don't mind the calls, but after my first play-through I was very careful who I gave my number to (i.e., I told Joey "No."). And I didn't have mommy "save" my money just so she could blow it on berries I already have 15-20 of in Platinum. That alone saved a LOT of phone call hassles.

I do enjoy it when the Gym Leaders call to chat, though. Chuck once ringed me up to tell me about how he tries to keep his addiction to sweets a secret from his wife :P

Well now I know who not to add on my new SS game.

anthonyrossbach

CEO SBIH Inc.
    Years
  • The most pointless phone call I ever had went along these lines:

"Hi Kip! You know, I can't stop thinking about your adventures!" *CLICK* ... ... ...

What the hell? You made me stop and open my PokéGear for THAT? Bye bye Latios...

The most irritating one though is the combination of the Amulet Coin and Gym Leader battles - your Mum phones after EVERY BATTLE!

"Hi Kip - I've been spending your money on many berries you have never heard of nor will ever use! Bye!" *CLICK* ... ... ...

*Throws PokéGear against wall for lack of a delete button*

OMG, that is funny as hell. Ya they need a delete button or I will throw my DS.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I find some of the calls kinda of amusing.... and the trainers who say they pick up items are always useful. I've gotten a free leaf stone so far :P As for Mom... I like her saving my money :L because I blow it all on potions or whatever when I'm out training. Though I can't fly yet so its a pain trying to get back to Littleroot...necessary for me though.
    Also I can find out if Kurt has my balls finished [no innuendo intended] so I don't bother to go all the way to Azalea just to find out they're not finished -.-

Ethan hasn't called me much....yet, anyway. :P

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I guess every youngster is crazy about their Rattata lol. To tell you the truth I dont mind. It gives me comic relief when a trainer brags about their Rattata or Pidgey......even though they're fully evolved now when you battle them xD

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • Oh yeah.

They call whenever they feel like it. I call them and they're like ''oh yeah hi I'm just devising a plan to destroy you with my Rattata I'll call you when I'm ready''.

It's like booty call, except with Pokemon.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • When my mom calls me, I ignore her. I usually have 10-15 berries at the supermarket waiting for me to pick them up. I hate her spending my money ^^ whats the point anyway, i never use the berries except in the occasional link battle.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I mentioned in the WTF moment thread but bI found it really odd how I got a call from Ethan telling me I should take my Totodile to the gym or National park when didnt even own a Totodile in that game.

Fire_Floatzel

What's 3000 X 3 + 1?
    Years
  • I'm one of the lucky people who Youngster Joey never calls and Ethan never calls to tell repeatedly that his Marill evolved, but Juggler Irwin always seems to call whenever I exit the Battle Factory.

"Every time I recall your escapades Flare, I am so deeply moved by them"
    I know, Irwin, but I don't really care.

Also, Picnicker Liz is a real pain. She always calls, calls me Tania, and then hangs up because she called the wrong number.

But, I do like being called by the gym leaders, especially Janine.

"This is Janine. How are you doing? Falkner in Violet City... He's talking about his dad all the time! Seriously, he's such a daddy's boy, he needs to become his own person sometime, you know? What do you mean, I should talk? Ha ha--mind your own business!"

Back