• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What is your Battle Subway Team?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2017
    The team that got me above 500 will always be my favorite <3.
    Milotic@ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 SAtk
    Nature: Modest
    - Recover
    - Hidden Power grass
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam

Hydreigon@ Expert belt
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Nature: Modest
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Dark Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Surf

Metagross@ Wide lens
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Nature: Brave
    - Meteor Mash
    - Bullet punch
    - Earthquake
    - Hammer Arm

This team is such a good core. I can't believe how many switch-in's you can make with the Water/Dragon/Steel core. I also Always lead with Hydreigon since he has the worst defense of the three with this EV spread. I first had dragon pulse on Milotic but it seemed rather useless since Hydreigon has a much stronger STAB Dragon Pulse, so I decided to put HP grass on Milotic because I've been having trouble with Quagsires and stuff. And the reason why I put Wide Lens on Metagross is because there weren't any other items I really wanted to use on him. Plus his Hammer Arm and Meteor Mash have 100% accuracy now.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    The Battle Subway

Hello everyone! I have not posted in about a week because i went on vacation before school started and the start of the year was extremely busy for me! Anyways, i wanted to know if any of you have tips for the Battle Subway. I personally hate the idea of having to get all the way up to 48 bp just for a stupid choice scarf or focus sash for example and wish these items were regularly obtainable. But, since Gamefreak insisted on making our lives hell, i wanted to know if you guys know a good combo to go in with? I usually enter with just like 3 physical sweepers or 2 sweepers and 1 wall, etc. Still, i usually lose in the third stage of the super single train. I'm honestly not that bad of a battler either, i have a fair share of wins online but the trainers are like on steroids. Anyways, leave any tips below!
    -Sam

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hello everyone! I have not posted in about a week because i went on vacation before school started and the start of the year was extremely busy for me! Anyways, i wanted to know if any of you have tips for the Battle Subway. I personally hate the idea of having to get all the way up to 48 bp just for a stupid choice scarf or focus sash for example and wish these items were regularly obtainable. But, since Gamefreak insisted on making our lives hell, i wanted to know if you guys know a good combo to go in with? I usually enter with just like 3 physical sweepers or 2 sweepers and 1 wall, etc. Still, i usually lose in the third stage of the super single train. I'm honestly not that bad of a battler either, i have a fair share of wins online but the trainers are like on steroids. Anyways, leave any tips below!
    -Sam

Sucks that you aren't doing so well :( However this fits in perfectly with the battle subway thread, and just linking it in a lock probably wouldn't revive it, plus you get good discussion on teams/strategies here! n_n

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Right now I'm doing the SS PokéAthlon to obtain the stones needed to evolve Pokémon. Can't wait to finish the first half of the game there so I can get National Dex and add even more stones. I'm going to be flicking styluses for a while.

I too, however, also noticed the 36 BP needed for each of the TMs there and thought, why? I get they are encouraging us to try the thing if we want the item, but really? Why not make a trip on the subway part of the storyline somewhere? That would get people to try it out, then put evolutionary stones as possible rewards to give more options for acquiring them! Just IMO. :)

Cyclone

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I tried the Battle Subway for the first time today, with three of my main team Pokemon, more specifically Poison Touch Seismitoad (lead), Cobalion and Zen Mode Darmanitan.

Seismitoad beat up almost the entire first set of battles by herself, with one hit knock-outs Hydro Pump and Earthquake + Drain Punch followed by Venoshock in case Poison Touch triggered.

Darmanitan helped out with any grass-types Seismitoad couldn't handle, and also fighthing-types in Zen Mode form.

I lost at battle #20, against Jellicent. Now I know I need to work on Cobalion's moves; the only effective move he had against Jellicent was Iron Head, and it was disabled by it's Cursed Body. So I'm back to square one, but I was so close to my first boss battle, I'm a bit disappointed and really not looking forward to another run.

Years
  • I'm making a new team for my Battle Subway Singles:

Foretress for complete entry hazard
    EV 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def
    Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Rest

Kabutops Swift Swim
    4 HP/252 Att/ 252 Speed
    Waterfall/Stone Edge/Giga Drain/Rain Dance

Ludicolo Rain Dish
    252 HP/ 40 Def/ 212 Speed
    Toxic/Substitute/Leech Seed/Giga Drain

And suprisingly it works. If by any means I'll put my hands on a RNG flawless Politoed I'll change it a bit :D

Back