• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your fav game developing program

Do you use RPG Maker XP

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josh1billion

Game Developer
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 23, 2008
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Professional

Free if you're a college student, otherwise $600+. But the Express edition is free for all and seems to not have many limitations.

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
    Years
  • Well, I use RMXP, because it's so easy easy map a few details and has a tone of features. I'm now a noob to C+ and Java cos I forgot a lot, but with RMXP there's a lot of help topics and pre-made scripts (with permissions , of course) to help along with developing not just a pokemon game - but also standard RPGs.

So I guess that other stuff (sphere, javascript and C+ development programs) are for more experienced codersbut to get started I stick with XP.

Josh1billion

Game Developer
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 23, 2008
    Well, I use RMXP, because it's so easy easy map a few details and has a tone of features. I'm now a noob to C+ and Java cos I forgot a lot, but with RMXP there's a lot of help topics and pre-made scripts (with permissions , of course) to help along with developing not just a pokemon game - but also standard RPGs.

So I guess that other stuff (sphere, javascript and C+ development programs) are for more experienced codersbut to get started I stick with XP.

Beware the difference between "Javascript" and "Java." ;) Oddly, they have nothing in common despite the name similarity. What I'm getting at is that Javascript is unable to power games, aside from occasional, very small minigames..

Waudby

Beware the difference between "Javascript" and "Java." ;) Oddly, they have nothing in common despite the name similarity. What I'm getting at is that Javascript is unable to power games, aside from occasional, very small minigames..

Actually, javascript can power games, Sphere uses Javascript to create it's games, as that's what I'm programming Pokémon Odyssey in.

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2012
    People seem to like to copy my threads...I must be doing something right. XD (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ;))

Years
  • probably Rm2k3 or RMXP but i am sort of interested in learning how to code using java which is what i am doing at college so maybe soon i can make some mobile phone games :] :] the only problem with rm2k3 and rmxp is that its very limited and if rmxp used 16x16 tiles instead of 32x32 it would be a much better program :] :]

Back