• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What Is Your Favorite 1st And 2nd Gen Game?

What Is Your Favorite 1st And 2nd Gen Game?

• Red

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Blue

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Yellow

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Silver

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Crystal

Votes: 35 57.4%

• Total voters

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
  • It has to be Yellow and Crystal. They are just simply the best!. In Pokemon Yellow you had following Pikachu like in the anime. It was really neat since I was introduced in series by anime.

That was what i said too! I loved HGSS so much because the pokemon followed you!

Thanks for voting!

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Blue and Silver. Those two are the ones I played the most. I didn't really like Yellow or Crystal. I boxed Pikachu, mostly out of spite, and just rolled Golbat.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    Is there anyone that hasnt picked yellow and crystal? lol anyways if there is im actually interested in why u liked the other 2 and why u chose 1 over the other.

Agreed! although i might prefer silver just because it was the first 2nd gen game i played. Also do i spy another brony/pegasister :D *squee*

Years
  • Possibly Blue and Gold.

Blue was the first Pokemon game I ever played, so already it has the strongest nostalgia factor going for it. I did play Yellow, but I don't remember being quite as wowed by it. Plus I'd rather have another starter other than Pikachu, stupid first gym.

Gold, same basic deal as above except instead of being the first of the games I ever played, it was the first of the second gen games. I tried Silver, but I couldn't get into it as much - possibly because Gold was "mine" while Silver "wasn't mine" (might have been my sister's, I don't remember). Plus I think something silly like Gold having Spinarak over Ledyba was also the reason I liked it more, ah ha.
    I might have liked Crystal better, but I sadly never got a chance to ever play it when it was current.

Terumi-kantoku

Cat Lover Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2017
    Gold, for it was the first I´ve owned. Then Yellow, for the differences in storyline, better graphics and Pikachu. Also Crystal, for the slightly story changes and to be able to play as a girl.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • I'm going to have to go with Green and Crystal.

Green: I played through red blue and yellow each 100%, they were each great. But I felt as if I had to have the final color of the collection... So I bought Pokémon Green. It was, in my opinion, the best Gen1 experience I had, because it proved a bit more challenging. Playing the game entirely in Japanese! I also liked the different feel of all the blocks being green :)

Crystal: Crystal is crystal. Honestly what else is there to say.

Back