• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what is your favorite and least favorite gen

Pekachoo

LOLCATS
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    as the title says what is your favorite and least favorite generation of pokemon?
    my favorite would have to be 2nd gen
    and least favorite would be 3rd gen

ArchsageX

The greatest sage.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2013
    My favorite would be Jhoto, my least favorite would have to be...Hoenn.

noobiot100

Beginning Trainer of Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    My favorite is definately Johto. Its a good thing heartgold and soulsilver is coming. The least favorite generation has to be Hoenn.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    My favorite is generation II and I don't have a least favorite. I've enjoyed all the games thus far.

Last edited:

Pokemonshe

私はピンクを愛す
    Years
    Favorite: Johoto

Reason: Best Pokemon, LOVE the city's, starts are the best starters, your rival is very unique, story, and the battle songs are my favorite.

Least favorite: Hoen

Reason: I hate the pokemon... Don't like the sprites. Citys kinda suck :D (Pacific Log town... seriously?)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Favourite: Gen 2

Best combination of new things, old things, nostalgia, and Pokemon.

Least Favourite: Gen 3

See above except pretend it says the exact opposite. Also surfing.

Years
    • DC
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    I actually think IV is the best generation so far. Very strong addition to the franchise.

As far as least favorite... I'm with everyone... Hoenn was off-color for a pokemon game. Weird aesthetics, it felt a little claustrophobic... And EVERY enemy pokemon had two status affecting moves, usually causing confusion... Oh yeah, and you couldn't buy full heals OR revives until near the end of the game. The elite four was odd, having lots of repeat pokemon, and if you had emerald the champion was Wallace, the water trainer guy - super lame IMO. Hoenn was also the birthplace of Ludicolo, the frustrating and slightly racist pokemon that I'm not sure anybody really likes. Not to mention, the golems are probably the weakest trio to date.... Not that the psychics are much better. At least two of those three has decent sp atk!

On the other hand, Rayquaza (which I maintain sounds like some poor black kid's name) and Groudon are two of the coolest pokemon ever. They're pure badass.

Last edited:

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Most Favorite: Johto

Come one, it introduced Porygon2, a clock, and all the other cool stuff!

Least Favorite: Hoenn Sinnoh

Sure, it made it much easier to get Porygon, added tons of new features, and got rid of the annoying link cable, but in the end, it's the most bland out of the 4, it doesn't have the same sense of mystery that Johto and Hoenn had, it doesn't have the class of Kanto, and after a while, it gets bland having to do the same things over, and over, and over again. I still love it though.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    Favorite: First Gen
    My reason...well, I just love my pair of nostalgia goggles.

Most hated; Gen 3
    SO MUCH WATER!!!
    I would of lvoed Gen 3 if it had more Jungle and desert.

Ayselipera

My favorite is between the I and II generation. I just can't choose.

Least is the IV generation. It was a complete waste of time.

Years
    Favorite generation/region: 2nd gen/Johto. It was awesome. I loved everything Johto had to offer. It was the only game that had radios. I loved the Pokegear and all the gym leaders. It was the only one to not have a Rock type gym leader. Johto's gym leaders were so unique and different. They didn't copy the previous gen's types. They actually had a train station. Everything they had I loved. I was happy that Sinnoh brought back the day/night that Johto had.

Least favorite gen/region: 3rd gen/Hoenn. Sure it had weather, but Team Magma/Team Aqua weren't real bad guys. They had good intentions. It took forever to get to Fortree just to get Fly. The first time I played, I never even went to Pacifidlog. I went there after I beat the Elite Four. That island was so far away from everything. A lot of the Pokemon couldn't even evolve at the time: Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Roselia (at least it has a pre-evo and evo now, but then I wouldn't use it), Nosepass, Mawile (cool but no evos?), Tropius, Absol (hard to catch). Whismur is lame. The sandy desert was annoying. The contests were too hard (imo) I never wanted to plant berries, because I didn't want to stay in the area all day. I just wanted to progress through the game. The Battle Frontier was too hard for me. Sinnoh, at least improved Contests and had a better Battle Frontier (imo). Sinnoh's organizations were much more organized.

magrathean

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    My favorite is a tie between Johto and Hoenn. People always complain about Hoenn having so much water...but...see, I'm a water Pokemon trainer, I like that hahaha.

Least favorite is probably.....don't shoot me.....Kanto. Once you get past the nostalgia factor, it's pretty boring...I don't like the Sinnoh Pokemon much, but the region as a whole entertains me more.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    Johto is by far the best. I never needed to use HM slaves every ten minutes... plus some of the Pokemon were great, the Gyms/E4 and the music were great... It's only problem really is the low levels.

And Hoenn is by far the worst. The region, rival, and Magma/Aqua were incredibly boring, endless HM slave use, bad movesets, etc...

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    My favorite would be Generation II. But unlike everyone else, I love the generation III games, especially FRLG. DPP has wierd graphics though, so I would have that one as my least favorite.

Back