• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favorite game console or handheld?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    If I had to choose I would choose the Super Nintendo because of its great game library.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    3DS is stellar. The DS is also great but the 3DS can play DS games just fine so...it wins!

emptyhead2110

I don't know what to put here
    Years
  • My favorite console would have to be Playstation 2 (Yea... kinda missed out on the PS3, XBOX 360 generation because I kept strictly to the PC). So many great games on it, and I've been introduced to so many genres and game franchises (Ratchet & Clank, God of War, Crash Bandicoot (Crash Twinsanity was my first ever Crash Bandicoot game, and although I may have been a bit late to the party, I went back and played the original trilogy on the PS1 and had a blast) just to name a few)

Yukari

I have to say, I love the 3DS and the SNES. Both have a great library of games, and, more specifically, RPGs.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I have such wonderfully fond memories of growing up with the Nintendo 64. I had a NES and SNES before that and a fair bit of exposure to the Genesis, but the N64 was when I first really... I dunno, video game aware?

Reading video game magazines, first real access to the Internet, I knew about games that were out and were coming out and what I wanted. While prior to that games were just this surprising thing I got at Christmas (and I missed a lot of great content because of that)

The N64 to me, it seemed like everything was a massive blockbuster. And it gave me Banjo-Kazooie and two fantastic Zelda games. Great countless hours spent on GoldenEye and Mario Kart multiplayer. It is my favourite console

On the portable side, I am mighty impressed with the 3DS

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • The NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, and Xbox 360 have brought me some of the best memories of video gaming ever.

Watching my dad beat Mike Tyson's PunchOut!! back in the day. My mom giving me the SNES from a garage sale and playing through Donkey Kong Country and other games. Receiving the N64 for Christmas with Diddy Kong Racing and playing with my dad. Gamecube, enjoying all the awesome games and spin-off titles like Luigi's Mansion and Star Fox Adventure. Xbox 360, memories of the first time playing Dead Rising and being amazed at the graphics and playing hours and hours of Call of Duty with Harry (hashtag) and our little gang of great players.

Lots of great memories from every system I've ever owned, but if I had to choose a favorite, I'd most likely say...Xbox 360. Not because it's better than any of my Nintendo systems, but because I have been able to play and experience games with friends like no other system before could do.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Man that's tough. The NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube had the best memories for me. I'd probably go with the N64 though. I really need to buy some of those old consoles again.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    I'd have to say Gamecube, as it was my first system, with the first digital game I ever played, Pikmin 1. The second game I ever played(Later the same day) was animal crossing. Still loving both series!

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • N64, and Xbox 360. Both for the games, and 360 for having the best, most functional online service of any console to date.

Xbox One's pretty good so far, but it hasn't established a games library yet, and the online is still full of bugs and glitches with things like invites and party systems. Maybe in a few years it'll be up to where the 360 was for me, but certainly not yet.

Playstation 2 deserves an honorable mention, for having an amazing games library as well. It was the clear; hands down winner of its generation too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    As far as home consoles go, there are a lot of favorite for me, with top three being Nintendo 64, GameCube, and Xbox 360.

Nintendo 64--this one had given me millions of great memories. Used to play games on it nearly every day as a kid (whether it be with friends or alone), and have enjoyed each and every second. There were plenty of titles available for it, too. GameCube, same story, but in some way, it was even better. Its graphics were higher of quality, for most part, and its controller was also easier to handle, as it had less bulk. Also, button layout was nice; it made clicking much easier. Xbox, I've personally found its online features to be pretty outstanding.

For handhelds, 3DS ranks above all at the moment. Well, at least for me. Although I haven't gotten any chance to try much of its games out, ones I did play were able to keep me entertained pretty well. So far, from all the ones I've played, my favorites have got to be Super Mario 3D Land, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Mario Kart. They've been released some time ago, but regardless of how much I play, these games just never seem to get boring, thankfully.

KamikazeSSoH

Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi
    Years
  • Console : Playstation 2 : HOURS AND HOURS OF FUN indeed. games for 5/10 Bucks. it was awesome.

Handheld : Nintendo DS : The games are awesome

Years
  • Hm, torn between the PS2 and PS3, to be quite honest. Although in the nostalgia department, N64 would take the cake. In terms of favourites though, I'd have to say...the PS3. It doesn't quite have the abundance of interesting RPGs as PS2 does, but the step up in graphics from the previous generation makes up for it.

Back