• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What is your favorite Gen III Pokemon

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
Mine would be Treecko, Mudkip, Linoone, Mightyena, Swellow, Breloom, Hariyama, Grumpig, Flygon, Milotic, Tropius, and Absol.

But especially Flygon. ♥

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
My favourite Pokemon of the third generation is Salamence, because of its awesome design, movepool, and Moxie.

I also love Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, and Metagross.

nitemate

Don't play Pokemon anymore ...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
my favorites are swampert, absol, groudon, Blaziken, aggron, rayaquaza and salamanace.

the Pokemon I least like is spoink

RIAD99

Rayquaza
Years
MY FAVORITE : Rayquaza
the others : kyogre then groudon , salamence , metagross , milotic

least fovorite are wrumple, spinda, tentacool

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I could just name up over 75% of gen III's dex, since that introduced the best Pokemon IMO. XD Still, my favorite two ones ever are Zangoose and Breloom.

The ones I really hate are Volbeat and Illumise, and that's about the only ones I don't like. XD

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Mightyena and Blaziken are my favorites.
Mightyena because I love any Pokémon that resembles a dog type mammal. It's like having a pet with powers!
Blaziken because it can punch and kick you with fire. AWESOME.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2017
My favorites are: breloom, absol, clamperl, aggron and exploud.
I also really like: rayquaza, latios and latias, jirachi and blaziken.

Years
Blaziken, Swellow, Gardevoir, Ninjask, Mawile, Torkoal, Flygon, Crawdaunt, Milotic, Banette and Latias.

Considering it's my least favourite gen to play, it has a surprisingly large number of Pokemon that I love :happy2:

Years
Zangoose, because it just has the coolest design out of all Gen III Pokemon, I just wish that its Toxic boost was a better ability as it's just a limited version of Guts. Sceptile comes a close second for me.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Rayquaza is my all time favorite Pokémon. He's just such a boss and his shiny sprite omg. So beast.

My other favorites are Poochyena (he reminds me of my dog), Salamence, Blaziken, and Gardevoir. I think the 3rd Gen pokémon were some of the best. Except Shroomish. The constant status ailments caused by Shroomish frustrates me to no end, so that's definitely my least favorite. Especially because a lot of the trainers have them =/

Paperhat545

The Pokémon Master
Years
My faves: Salamence, Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Deoxys, Flygon and Blaziken.

Honorable mention goes to Milotic. She's beautiful, but just not beast enough :p

xGal

Mhm
Years
I guess I would go with Treecko since my favourite Pokémon are from Gen I... ;=;

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
Salamence, Sceptile and Metagrossa re the best of the gen. Spinda and the lava snail are horrible

Gogofreak

Touhou and Pokemon Fanatic
Years
Blaziken, Swellow, Zigzagoon, and Wingull.
Blaziken is my favorite starter for various reasons.
Swellow pulled me through Brawly's Gym.
Zigzagoon has the ability "Pick Up".
Wingull is a Pokemon I just kind of like.

Dark Zapdos

Arose from Darkness
Years
Gardevoir, Torkoal, Sceptile, Slaking, Sableye, Aggron, Manectic, Armaldo. so many more I could name. only one i do not like is sirskit being so rare me thinking it would be worthwhile to have led to disappointment

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I like pretty much all of the gen III pokémon. A great mix between good design and good battle performance.

If I had to highlight any, they would be Luidcolo, all the starter pokémon, the weather trio, Aggron, Breloom and Metagross.

Jumpleet

Rise Above The Rest
Years
Rayquaza.

Because in Pokemon Emerald, when he calmed Groudon and Kyogre, I imagined the conversation like this:

Groudon: RRRRAAAAAAARRRRRRHHHGGGG
Kyogre: BLRRRAAAAAAAWWWWRRR
*This continues until...
Rayquaza: Hey hey ay ay ay. Stop it. Stop it. OK?
Groudon and Kyogre: OK
Rayquaza: OK?
Groudon and Kyogre: OK
Rayquaza: All right.

ErikaInRainbowCity

Everyday I'm Tumblin'
Years
Mudkip and it's evolutionary line :3

Also, Breloom is prob my fave grass type from Hoenn.

Legendary wise, Latias because I was totally obsessed with the 5th movie when I was a kid because I thought it was so cool that she could turn into a cute girl lolz

Back