• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favorite/least favorite pokemon game?

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2011
    Out of the main games, my favorite would have to be Emerald. The third generation was just amazing to me. Best music, I like the graphics and I love Rayquaza :D
    My least favorite would have to be Platinum. The fourth generation had too many legendary pokemon as it was. Platinum had almost TOO much to do. Plus when it came out I was still having fun with Pearl.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Favorite game: Platinum, Black and White. Platinum had improved features over D/P, and B/W has new Pokemon and a cool storyline

Least favorite: I'd say D/P because it was slow.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Favorite: Platinum, Leaf Green. Platinum made so many advances on D/P and had IMO the best balance of storyline and features. Leaf Green is on my favorites list only because of the female playable character.
    Least favorite: Yellow. This is the game that made me realize how useless Pikachu is in any medium outside of the anime.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Favorite:

Either Pearl, Soulsilver or Black. I can't decide!~

Least Favorite:

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. I never found them to be different or exciting. I just haven't like Hoenn since it came out.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Favorite: Gold or Saphire.

Both my first two games, and I think they're original.

Least: Diamond/Pearl

Didn't really like them. I liked Platinum, but not those two :/

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Favorites: Diamond Heartgold and Black
    Least: Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, I can never force myself to get past the first gym.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
    Out of the main games, my favorite would have to be Emerald. The third generation was just amazing to me. Best music, I like the graphics and I love Rayquaza :D
    My least favorite would have to be Platinum. The fourth generation had too many legendary pokemon as it was. Platinum had almost TOO much to do. Plus when it came out I was still having fun with Pearl.
    I was unaware that too much to do was a bad thing. I assumed extra playtime or time you would want to spend playing it would be a good characteristic.

OT:

Favorite: 5th Generation, mainly because of the story. It seems to be more suited for the more mature audiences as it actually has a story that makes sense and is a fairly complicated one at that, compared to the other stories. Anyhow, the pokemon in this generation were slightly hard to get used to, but overall I liked them, and they were in abundance compared to the small amount of new pokes in the 4th gen. There is a good amount of endgame playtime, but not much compared to others. There are failing points, but I found the characters and story to be enjoyable in this.
    Least: 3rd Generation, the story was crap, the gyms, gym leaders and towns were boring, the routes were too long and there was no real set path throughout it. Music was mediocre, pokemon were strange and hard to get used to, and other reasons I didn't like it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Going to go completely against the tide and say that Pearl is my favorite game of the main game series. It was the one I was most excited for as a Pokemon fan and the one that I spent the most time playing. I've been excited for other Pokemon games, but none that I played nearly straight through for three days.

For the spin-off games, that honor would have to go to the two puzzle games for the N64 and GameBoy Color. Again, I spent a lot of time just playing those games and having fun. And they're puzzle games, which are always a favorite of mine.

As for least favorites, for the main stream games, I'm going to have to say SoulSilver. I didn't even finish it. I'm not sure why, since I loved playing Silver and wanted to revisit Johto for years before SS/HG came out. But I stopped playing through SoulSilver one day and never felt the want to actually finish it.

I really don't have an absolute least favorite spin-off game, but out of them, I'd say that the Ranger series is the one I like the least. I don't completely hate them for any reason. It's just that those aren't the games I would pick up if I had a choice for a spin-off Pokemon game.

Cockman!

o_o What a majestic creature!
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    Fav: Sapphire.. it was my first game and I played the Sh** out of it! over 200 hours!

Least: Would have to say B/W. I really like how the sprites move and all, but the pokemon were just horrible... they look like digimon if you ask me.

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
    Years
    Favorite: Hmm.. Tricky right now.... I gotta pick 5th Gen. Great storyline, new Pokemons + Legends, great music.
    Least: Pokemon Ranger series. Got the first Ranger game, finished it and never touched again (+ Its lost, so...), + didn't understood the plot.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Favorite: Tossup between B/W and R/S/E. I love the storyline of B/W and several of the new features and pokemon, but I also love Hoenn and the Aqua/Magma storyline of R/S/E. D:

Least Favorite: Tossup between Yellow and D/P. Yellow because of that blasted Pikachu that they wouldn't let you evolve. You're pretty much forced to replace it with a Jolteon/Magneton later in the game. And D/P because of how lame Sinnoh is as a region and how awkwardly-paced the plot is. >_>

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    My favorite would be Emerald/SoulSilver. My least favorite would be D/P (mainly because of the slowness in battle).

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Out of the main games, I loved Emerald. The Battle Frontier was amazing for me, and the graphics were pretty good too.

I didn't really like any of the gen IV games, they were just kinda slow for me...

Years
    Favourite:

Silver is probably my all time favourite. Emerald is very close behind it though.

Least Favourite:

Of the ones I have, maybe Yellow? I feel bad cause I love it, but graphics-wise I prefer playing Leaf Green.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Favorite:

Crystal (G/S were awesome as well, but I choose Crystal because it finally stopped forcing me to be a male trainer, and it was also the third in line, which are the best).

I pretty much liked everything about it... I really had a blast playing through it and I'm not talking about nostalgia here, I clearly remember thinking it was the best back then as well lol.

I liked the addition of the day and night system, as well as the weekdays system as well. I liked the sense of realism, and also the events and Pokemon that you could only catch at certain times. I liked that you could rebattle trainers. All in all it gave a feeling of "This game is endless", and the game also felt complete. The amount of Pokemon that I could catch was great. And going to Kanto and getting another eight badges and seeing how it had changed over the last three years, it was amazing!

Least Favorite:

Ruby. As opposed to Crystal, this game felt incomplete. I don't dislike it or anything, it just was ultimately disappointing having come from playing Crystal.

It just felt so limiting. The game was fun to play through a couple of times, but as for replayability without restarting the game? There was none whatsoever. There's no reason for me to want to play the game ever again, TBH. (which is why this was the first generation I stopped getting all three of the games. I stopped with Ruby.)

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Favorite: Red and Silver
    Least: Emerald.

I hate emerald. I don't know why but I just hate it. Sorry Gen III fans.

Years
    Favorite game: Heartgold. I loved G/S/C so much, and the remake just made me love Johto even more.

Least favorite game: D/P. Boring storyline and was just unappealing to me.

Back