• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favorite Pokémon without an Evolution in the first 5 Gen's ?!

Years
  • Yeah like it is said, I just want to now which Pokémon without an evolution you like the most.
    I don't like the idea of Mega Evolutions, therefore I don't care about them, and don't count them as regular evolutions ;)

My all time favorite is Absol.
    I don't know why, but his actual looking, is just an eye catcher for me and I was hoping when I first got it, that it has an evolution, but after a time I just said, even if it has no evolution, it is an Pokémon what is a must have in my team!!
    So that's my little story!

Let's see what you got :)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • For me its Heracross. Ive used one many times and i love him. He is already one of my favorite Pokemon anyways, because of his huge attack stat and cool moveset

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    For me it would be either Mawile or Sigilyph, I honestly don't think I could separate them.

I always loved Mawile, it's design and concept is just brilliant. I've been a fan ever since Hoenn but didn't have one on my team until Pokemon X. There's a reason for that......

I used to have a stigma against using pokemon that don't evolve, and to this day the only pokemon that has overcome that stigma completely is Sigilyph in White 2. (Mawile only half counts since he got a mega evo) I just fell in love with its design and I knew its power after fighting them in White beforehand. I couldn't justify my stigma, at all. So Sigilyph takes special credit for making me more interested in single stage pokemon.

Whoever came up with the concept and design for Sigilyph deserves a raise.

So yeah, Mawile and Sigilyph.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Here's a list, if someone feels that they don't know for sure!

@mangamusicfan, Sneasel has Weavile as it's evo. I love them both 8)

Personally, I'm a big fan of Mawile, Sableye, Castform and Zangoose. Many great non-evolving pokémon in Hoenn. But the one that gets my top vote is probably Cryogonal. I don't really know why but I think it's so cool, no pun intended. Especially it's delicious shiny form.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    DITTO!! By far the most awesome Pokémon ever!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Didn't realize how few of them there really are. Looking through the list I have a few favorites. Mawile, Lunatone, Solrock, Maractus, and Sigilyph. Mawile would have to be my top favorite though.

Years
  • Ah, there are quite a few Pokemon without evolutions that I really like. In no particular order, I'd say Tropius, Rotom and Sigilyph are in my top 3, with Smeargle, Kecleon, Sableye and Lapras not far behind it.

Also, if we aren't counting Mega Evolutions, I'd put both Absol and Heracross up there in my favorites as well.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • Durant. Amazing with Hone Claws. Zangoose. Lovely design, I like its rivalry with Seviper, and Toxic Boost is one fun ability to use. Mawile's Mega Evolution's definitely a boost to a standalone Pokemon, and Sigilyph's a troll's delight.

Years
  • So many. Skarmory, Tropius, Absol. Those are top three, mostly based on how they look, but Skarmory does well competitively as we know. Chatot, Aerodactyl, Tauros, and Lapra are also cool

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • It's gotta be sableye.

I know it's not the strongest or the best at anything really, but it's design and typing are just so cool. It's a shame it didn't get a mega form in XY like it's counterpart did. :/

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I have quite a few! I've always been quite fond of Spinda for some reason. It's a unique Pokemon with those changing spot designs so I guess that might contribute to it. I also quite like Miltank (even though a lot of people hate it thanks to Whitney), Lapras, Zangoose and Tropius as well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, it's gotta be Skarmory. It's got no evolution at all, but could still go head-to-head with big guys such as Blaziken, Machamp, Lucario, Zoroark, and Gyarados. Plus, it's got an amazing design; its entore body is covered in heavy metal, and its eyes are extremely fierce-looking. 8)

Waterlemon

Treat Or Else...
    Years
  • For me it's Rotom. I love its typing and design, and the fact that it can change form.

But the fact that everybody in XY OU runs Rotom-W made me hate that form

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Carnivine! I think it's funny looking and I remember making a lot of jokes about it (although I don't remember the actual jokes now) with my roommate so it's actually one of my favourite Pokémon overall. If I didn't like so many grass Pokémon, I'd probably have used one on a team but alas... Cherrim and Whimsicott take precedence. :(

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    I really love Dunsparce personally; it's design make me happy for some reason. And while it's definitely not the strongest pokemon ever, it's just enjoyable to play with; a challenge of sorts I guess, haha.

Sigilyph is another one I really like for it's design. it makes me think of ancient civilizations and vultures. it's a really mysterious pokemon to be sure.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    This is an oddly specific thread haha. But I guess Pinsir falls within the category. Bug Pokemon are pretty cool, and it's got a purty blue shiny. I do however like it's mega-evo.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    I'd have to go with Absol as well as Skarmory these are my favorite Pokemon without an evoloution.

Back