• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Is Your Favorite Pokemon Generation?

What Is Your Favorite Pokemon Generation?

• Total voters

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'd probably say Generation IV is my favourite. DPPT are my favourites overall to begin with, but Gen IV also had HGSS and my favourite set of Mystery a Dungeon games. My order goes:

Gen IV
    Gen III
    Gen V
    Gen VI
    Gen II
    Gen I

Years
    I'd probably say Generation IV is my favourite. DPPT are my favourites overall to begin with, but Gen IV also had HGSS and my favourite set of Mystery a Dungeon games. My order goes:

Gen IV
    Gen III
    Gen V
    Gen VI
    Gen II
    Gen I

With your username being Hoenn, i'd think Generation III and RSE would be your favorite, but I can certainly appreciate Generation IV as well. :P

Years
    Here's how I rank them.

1st: Generation 5 (Black/White/Black 2/White 2)
    The reasons why I always say this generation is my fave: it introduced a lot of really great Pokemon, very interesting and memorable characters, two very different pairs of games which tie up the whole story together, B2/W2's massive postgame content (probably the largest postgame content ever) and of course, the unique motive of Team Plasma. Seriously, there is just so much I love about Unova.

2nd: Generation 6 (X/Y/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)
    This generation marked the huge leap into full 3D, and new changes to breeding mechanics that made obtaining competitive-tailored Pokemon easier than ever. Kalos was also a very diverse region in terms of environments and introduced some well-designed Pokemon, along with having a huge regional Dex containing loads of older Pokemon as well, allowing for flexible team building options. Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire were also great remakes, and introducing the handy DexNav which allowed getting good IVs and Hidden Abilities in the wild much easier. Also, I love how much cuter May got in her redesign.

3rd: Generation 4 (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/Heart Gold/Soul Silver)
    I liked Sinnoh for interesting Pokemon and mechanics, as well as all those evolutions of older Pokemon, but things started slowly until Platinum fixed most of Diamond & Pearl's major issues. Platinum was pretty much what D/P should have been, and would probably be the Sinnoh game I always go back to. Heart Gold & Soul Silver also did a great job by improving on the original Johto games while still bringing the nostalgia with it.

4th: Generation 3 (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Fire Red/Leaf Green)
    Not much to comment on FR/LG, but I do have to admit while the original Hoenn games were fun they still look like an unfinished job especially when compared to OR/AS now, but it was my first game so it holds memories. Plus, this generation was what introduced most of the mechanics we're now familiar with, such as abilities and natures, along with being the first generation in full color.

5th: Generation 2 (Gold/Silver/Crystal)
    I didn't play this one so not much, but I'm not a really big fan of Johto.

6th: Generation 1 (Red/Green/Blue/Yellow)
    Again, same reasons as Gen 2. I'm not that huge of a Kanto fan.

I'm a huge fan of Hoenn.. before this Hoenn hype bandwagon started even, hah. I spent hundreds of hours playing R/S as a kid and doing pretty much anything you can imagine, from trying to catch every Spinda pattern in existence to constantly restarting a secondary copy to mix secret base records with my primary game. It also introduced some of my favorite Pokemon: Altaria, Absol, Zangoose, Metagross, Flygon, Swellow, and others are dear to my heart. Oh and Steven!! My Pokemon obsession was at its peak around then.

But coming in closely would have to be Unova. Seems like a lot of people didn't like the new Pokemon designs or game appearance here but I found them to be wonderful, especially the story and music (Dragon Spiral tower music was goosebumps-inducing). Some of my favorite characters from the franchise are from Unova. B/W and B/W2, do I miss you. <3

So my order of preference is as follows:
    Gen III, Gen V, Gen II (Ecruteak is gorgeous and the overall region design was splendid in Johto), Gen VI, Gen IV, Gen I. But it's Pokemon.. so I love them all. :) The sixth generation gets a ton of love and bias since it remade the Hoenn games~

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
    In order, my favorite generations would be:

Gen II
    Gen III
    Gen I
    Gen VI
    Gen IV
    Gen V

All in all, Johto was phenomenal when it came out, unova was not (IMO)
    Gen III is pure awesomeness, but of course we cannot foget gen I that started it all. And then there's gen IV, that well, kinda just hangs :)

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
    Wow this is a tough one
    I grew up with Gen 1 and 2
    Thanks to a place called the Skills Development Center I got into gen 4 with Heart Gold
    Gen V is also really cool, I love how Unova is based on New York and as an American that makes me happy

Back