• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What is your favorite song from GSC?

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Hey, I hope I posted this in the right place, but anyways.

So guys, what are your favorite songs from Gold, Silver, and Crystal?

Mine are Burned Tower, Tin Tower, Suicune Battle, and National Park.

~Mooshykris

zapht

The Family Ghost
    Years
  • oh god i love the GSC music! i cant think of where the specific ones are, but they are really nostalgic for me! i like the national park one cuz i used to do the bug catching contests all the time!

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • the lake of rage is my most favorite soundtrack, the trainer battle (johto), the gym (just gotta love the screeching guitar in the beginning), and the kanto gym leader battle :D :D :D :D

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • Pretty much all the music from G/S/C holds a special place in my heart. If I had to choose though, I'd say National Park, Dark Cave/Ice Path, Route 42, Kanto Gym Battle, Route 26, and Champion Battle/Red.

I am a bit disappointed as to how they remixed the music in HG/SS. Some of it is ok, but I think they screwed up a lot of it. Like Dark Cave, no where near as good as the original. But I guess most people are critical of any remake of great music. But that's why I'm going to hack the GB Player when i first get the game so I don't have to wait until Celedon!

WeavySean

Weavile Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    I like the Saffron City theme, the Pallet Town theme, Beast battle, the Kanto Gym Leader theme, and, if it counts, Red's battle theme from Stadium 2.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    From Gold/Silver/Crystal only, and not from HG/SS, right?

Even then I would say that I love all the music, and I love them to a very high level.
    Not only for the nostalgia, but because these music are really that great. I know good music when I hear one. But then again, it could only be good or bad from my perspective.

If I were to name a specific one for now, I'd say the Violet City/Olivine City theme. It has also been later used in FR/LG on one or two of the Sevii Islands.
    But I always felt that this music specially belongs to Violet City, and less for the islands or Olivine. The one in the islands were remade in a way that I didn't like them as much.
    Violet is also my favourite city, though again I like all the cities and towns. The music makes it even greater.

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
  • Definately lances battle theme, with lake of rage close behind, and then Kantos Gym leader :D

The Red Chain

For 8-bit it's quite a good little tune that gives off that legendary feel that I love oh so much. <3

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
  • The theme of the rival. It sounds sooo cool and you really get into that "Rival-Feeling"!^^ I really love it!^^ And I also love the Teak City (dunno how it's called in English I played the german version!^^) theme... It is so calm and has something mystery that I really like... :D

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I like the battle tower and the dog themes and viridain forest .... XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It's easily the Olivine/Violet City theme. It's probably my favorite track from all of the pokemon games.

There, it's been said. Though I think more of Violet when I hear it, it was only recently I realized the same tune was playing in Olivine :3

Back