• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favourite chess piece?

What's your fav chess piece?

• Total voters

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Mine's rook.
    In national chess, "rook"(castle) is Straight forward, but not as risky to attack as Queen.

And in Chinese chess, "rook"(車) is the most destructive piece.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Hey..I clicked "disable smilies" for my poll! =.=

Anyway...

pawn=卒
    King=將
    Queen=
    Rook=車
    Knight=馬
    Bishop=象
    Cannon=砲
    Guard=士

PS: Have I left out a piece from any of the chess?

Last edited:

T.W North

Swordsman
    Years
    A cannon and a guard? In a chess game I havent heard of. Queen rules! Kings are hilarious. Me and my friends just muck around and make the peices do stupid stuff.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    The queen is useful, but the knight is cool. I like the way he jumps over pawns. I'm not experienced at chess, I think my greatest merit would be thrashing my brother on Chess (pay TV games), but I always get my knights out first.

He's great, he can always round corners.

The queen may be versatile, but she often gets smashed up.

DP

Burne Starcofski

The RPG Wanderer & Ghost
    Years
    I like the rook, you can use them to really mess up movements for an opponent's pieces. 2 Rooks paired with a queen and a Bishop, and I could get a Checkmate really easily. Allthough, I use Knights as no more than Shields, as I have never found much else use for them.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Knights definitely...they are my favorite piece because they are useful in disabling your opponent's queen...giving my own queen the opportunity to wreck havoc unopposed. Knights make greaat technicians at times too...

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    bishop i love diagonals and they r always my last piece *to protect the king*

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    T.W North said:
    A cannon and a guard? In a chess game I havent heard of. Queen rules! Kings are hilarious. Me and my friends just muck around and make the peices do stupid stuff.
    That's Chinese chess.

PS: There are not any queens in Chinese Chess.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    National chess would be the knight, because it really helps out a lot and is more or less your power piece in most games. Chinese chess...the cannon, don't know why though,lol.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Rook, definately. My rook-knight combo is always a strong opener. Then, my rooks wreak havoc in the endgame.

That said, I'm not much good at chess. I'm far better at Go.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    blue said:
    National chess would be the knight, because it really helps out a lot and is more or less your power piece in most games. Chinese chess...the cannon, don't know why though,lol.
    Destructive and tricky, maybe.

Cannon's my father's favourite too!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    The Queen rocks! Always defending her fat lazy husband. The Simpsons Chess set displays this perfectly, with Homer being a fat King that can't move everywhere, and Marge being the Queen who can do anything and everything. The other members of the family take the other positions, but Marge is the best out of all of them. ^_^

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    jetsam_745 said:
    I think the Queen is the best because it can move almost on the board.
    but if you lose it during a match your pretty much a goner
    well lose the king and you ARE a goner XD

anyways i tend to rely on the knight a lot more than the queen...besides knight can make an opening move XD

Composer of Requiems

Hand over your presents.
    Years
    jynx said:
    Mine's rook.
    In national chess, "rook"(castle) is Straight forward, but not as risky to attack as Queen.

And in Chinese chess, "rook"(車) is the most destructive piece.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Hey..I clicked "disable smilies" for my poll! =.=

Anyway...

pawn=卒
    King=將
    Queen=
    Rook=車
    Knight=馬
    Bishop=象
    Cannon=砲
    Guard=士

PS: Have I left out a piece from any of the chess?
    Technically it's "General", not King... and "Elephant" not Bishop... the rest keep the relative meaning though...
    I love the Cannon, or "Pao". Really useful, I usually use it as part of my opening move.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Me- Queen.

Very useful...and perfect for sacrifices and martyr. ^_^ I mean, I love using it part of my strategies...always involving the Queen taken by the opposing team. So useful! XP

Back