• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What is your favourite GBC game?

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    Pokemon Crystal, don't get me wrong but isn't crystal the only pure pokemon game for GBC, like the others in GEN I, II can be played on the gameboy, crystal can't

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Pokemon Crystal, don't get me wrong but isn't crystal the only pure pokemon game for GBC, like the others in GEN I, II can be played on the gameboy, crystal can't

In our context now, they mean the same thing seeing as the others can also be played on GBC. j

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Definitely Yellow, it'll never get old for me. It was also one of the first GBC games I ever played so yeah.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Give me a Pokemon Gold cartridge and my eyes will literally start to sparkle. Yellow comes a close second.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Crystal. Crystal was my first ever Pokemon game and II gen was my favorite and Pokemon. Yellow has to be my second for the fact that you can get all 3 starters and Pikachu follows you!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'd have to say Gold, although the novelty factor of playing with a Pikachu in Yellow didn't really go away for me when I was 10-years-old.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2012
    To pick only one GBC game is impossible!!!! :) Here's my list;

Metal Gear Solid
    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Pinball
    Racing Ratz
    Castlevania Legends

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Yellow or Gold. Yellow because Pikachu is badass and my first Level 100 Snorlax was there. Gold because I loved the 2nd gen and only played Gold untill I found out about ROMs.

Chevitile

Little Monster
    Years
  • Silver was my first game, but Crystal was amazing too, even though they're essentially the same. I just remember playing both so much when I was little, especially Crystal. But then my friend tried to clone my Entei, but he failed. So now I can't play it anymore, which sucks because I had my beloved Lv. 100 Feraligatr...I was so proud of it, and I still am. Ehh, I hate to turn this into a sob-story, but I suppose Crystal would be my choice.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I think Crystal. I started with Gold, but Crystal had that Mystery Egg with a shiny baby Pokemon inside, so, it wins. Plus I found it fun to chase Suicune all over the region. Plus, they put a little more story into the legendary of the game, unlike the previous games, where the legendaries where just kind of there.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2012
    Mine is Pokemon Blue as it was the 1st Pokemon I ever had.

I had to Behave to get it 1st though off my Parents

Yellow or Gold. Yellow because Pikachu is badass and my first Level 100 Snorlax was there. Gold because I loved the 2nd gen and only played Gold untill I found out about ROMs.

Same here mate. Got the Crystal Rom when the game came out and not Brought a Pokemon handheld game since

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2020
    Blue. I like Generation I better than II, and Blue has superversatile Persian and Porygon is a lot cheaper than in Red. Yellow is awesome in many ways, but I felt bad whenever I put Pikachu in Bills' PC lol

Back