• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favourite starter pokemon?

KAZillonaire

Pokémon is my profession.
Years
  • Squirtle - Later on Blastoise.
    Blastoise_animated.gif

Does Evee count as well in Gary's point of view?
    Eevee.gif

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    mine is blaziken he is freaking godly he is one of the very few starters who can take on both blissey and skarmory with one set. also he became my favorite when I saw an episode of Pokemon when blaziken and charizard were fighting and he defeated ash's charizard I gained so much respect for him

livelyhans

Verdanturf Town Trainer
    Years
  • hmmmm off course Bulbasaur..... no doubt!!... but i don't want if my bulbasaur evolve... cuz i don't like it.. it much look alike an ogre... bulbasaur is cute and tough in battle... it's seed bomb sludge bomb... anything is da bomb... i love my bulbasaur

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • Cyndaquil and Charmander are probably tied to be my fav starters. Cyndaquil for how awesome Typhlosion can be, it brings back found memories using him as a child, having him thunder punch any water pokemon that dares thearten him. And Charmander, is an adorible little lizard that evolves into a badass dragon (though not by type lol)

I can actually order my interest in the starters like so
    Charmander,Cyndaquil > Squirtle > Treecko > Totodile, > Chikorita > Bulbasuar > Mudkip > Torchic > Piplup > Chimchar > Turtwig

oh and I'm ofcourse not counting 5th gen as I haven't been acquainted with them well enough to make a informed opinion on them

Silverman

Touches Naive Squirtles
    Years
  • GENGAR. Oh wait, I normally import him as soon as possible.... I guess Charmander or Pikachu if we are playing Yellow.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Despite Torchic being my favourite overall, it's actually Cyndaquil. It appears to be much stronger to begin off with, while its evolved form can learn Brick Break/Strength, Thunder Punch, Flamethrower and Earthquake, making it pretty strong. Blaziken can learn... Brick Break, Strength... and two other moves I forgot, Earthquake too, but overall, those two fire starters are pretty strong.

Then there's Charizard, who can learn Fly, so... add some other strong moves to that and it can be pretty good. Though overall for entire evo-line strength, I'm going with Cyndaquil.

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • GENGAR. Oh wait, I normally import him as soon as possible.... I guess Charmander or Pikachu if we are playing Yellow.
    Huh, I completely forget about Yellow with its Pikachu shenanigans...not sure where I'd put that rodent in my interest rankings lol Yellow is an awesome version though

Vecransyh

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • Squirtle, because of that giant turtle that it becomes, you know. The one with giant rocket launchers on its back that shoot compressed water blasts strong enough to strip flesh from bone? Yeah. THAT one.

Mumfie

Norwegian penguin!
    Years
  • Squirtle. Because that was the very first pokemon I ever chose when I first started playing Pokemon Red.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • Can't really decide but my top favorite starters are Cyndaquil, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Totodile and Squirtle (in no particular order). I guess I'll have to go with Charmander, because it evolves into Charizard which is one of my top favorite Pokémon in game and in the anime.

Back