• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favourite video game controller?

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Controllers, without them, we couldn't play our favourite games. What's your favourite controller in the history of history. We've seen greatness and innovation with the N64's mandatory analog stick and the duel shock where we got 2. And of coarse we've seen some crud with the Jaguar's clunky, uncomfortable controller and the Atari 5200 that had the fragility of a banana. What's your favourite controller. Whether you love it for comfort, button placement or innovation, you gotta love one more then them all.

Me?

I'll go with the Duel Shock 3. The Sixaxis doesn't have rumble and I'd put the whole Duel Shock line but the Duel Shock 3 had something the others didn't have. A second rumble. That's right, there's two on each side! Not to mention it's comfortable, the buttons are placed almost flawlessly and unlike the Sixaxis, the R2 and L2 buttons and buttons that sink not weird... Okay, I can't describe it but the Duel Shock 3 rocks!

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    My favorite is either the Dream Cast or Game Cube controller.

I think PS3's is one of the worse one. Not that it's bad, but that Sony have been using the same controller for years, and it's not like the controller is perfect or anything.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    My favorite is either the Dream Cast or Game Cube controller.

I think PS3's is one of the worse one. Not that it's bad, but that Sony have been using the same controller for years, and it's not like the controller is perfect or anything.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

I'm gonna go for DS3, it's oractical, sturdy, easy handling and good rumble.

Tacogeddon

Pokemonidae
    Years
    The Xbox controllers are pretty comfortable for me, especially the 360's controller, the originals had the annoying tendency for the shoulder buttons to pinch my index fingers in the gap behind the button. I often find the Playstation controllers to be ok, but the handles are a bit short, maybe my hands are just too big. :/

On the opposite side of things, the N64's bizarre trident controller is a mess to handle, while I love games like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, it seems that the controller was made for a three-armed tentacle monster. The Jaguar controller is epic in a B-movie kind of way, it looks like a telephone mated with with a SNES controller.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Gamecube/PS3

They are the most comfortable

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    XBOX controller for me. They just feel good in my hands. LOL that sounded wrong.....

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    The only controllers that I own are the Gamecube's and PS2's, so that means that they have to be my favorite. :|

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I've used all of the major system controllers, sans the Dreamcast. My favorite is the GameCube controller and my least favorite is a tie between the Wiimote and the Xbox controller.

Years
    I have a few favorites.

1. My Logitech PS2 wireless controller. Once I bought that controller, I never went back to the wired ones.

2. The Wavebird. Sure, it doesn't have any vibration, but that Gamecube controller was one of my favorites to handle.

3. The Xbox 360 controller. I love wireless controllers.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I like Wiimote + Nunchuck combo. Wiimote has to be in the jacket though. Needs that extra bit of weight, firmness, and texture.

Not my all time favourite though. The GameCube controller is the most comfortable controller ever. I like the 360's controller too. Second best among all console controllers I've had.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Gamecube's Wavebird controller has to be my favourite. It's light, wireless, and it feels great in your hand. :] A close second is the 360 controller. Then I guess would be my wireless PS2 controller. I'd just go ahead and say the PS3 controller but it's so light that it weird me out sometimes. @_@

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    My favourite definitely has to be the official GameCube controller. It's REALLY comfortable to hold and has all the buttons, control sticks in good places. I'm actually thinking of buying another brand new one off the internet. I have tried a Wavebird but I prefer rumble over wireless.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    But it is, they can make it better.

Well lets see.
    Rumble, motion sensor, comftable, easy to use, good weight, wireless, quick to charge, logically placed buttons.

I don't see why you'd want to do anything more to it.

Back