• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What is your local GameStop Cool enough for?

What is your GameStop doing for X and Y

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    Pokemon isnt popular enough in my town/city to warrant a midnight release.

300k population and hosts a major public university (35kish students).

They only do midnight releases for major major titles like Call of Duty, Madden and things like that. I believe they did World of Warcraft at one time but stopped shortly after I quit playing.

You don't live in Cardiff by any chance do you?

Years
    My EB Games/GameStop isn't doing anything for the X/Y release- they didn't even give me the poster from pre-ordering the game. Actually, there was only one EB Games somewhat near me that was planning to do a midnight launch, and I wasn't going to go anyway since I preordered at another location, but it looks like they've cancelled it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    My EB Games/GameStop isn't doing anything for the X/Y release- they didn't even give me the poster from pre-ordering the game. Actually, there was only one EB Games somewhat near me that was planning to do a midnight launch, and I wasn't going to go anyway since I preordered at another location, but it looks like they've cancelled it.

I pre-ordered on EBGames thinking I would get the game faster than on Amazon and it ended up to have the same shipping Policy. At least they gave me a poster compared to Amazon who gave nothing for it. I don't know why you didn't got the poster tho.

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I live in an area of the city that is mostly college age and older, so there probably weren't enough preorders for a midnight release. Mine is opening an hour early though, so at least there's that.

I didn't get the poster when I preordered, but I'm not really interested in that anyways. Would have loved if the Gamestops got those cool Pokeball holders like GAME did. Might try to buy one on eBay at some point.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    Apparently not so much, koff~

They did midnight releases for Grand Theft Auto V, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Assassin's Creed Black Flag. They told me they're only able to do three a year, but two of these games are just utter garbage. And Grand Theft Auto V is taking out the trash, koffi~

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Earlier I went to go check out my local GameStop for any Pokemon XY events but they told me that they are just gonna operate at normal hours. Kinda sucks though. They're not much of a Midnight Release kind of store, they also told me that not very few people had pre-ordered the game from them.

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
    Years
    Is my Gamestop the only one doing a midnight release? Dang, maybe my area is just full of pokemon lovers. Sucky part is, I have work early in the morning until 4:00 PM PST, so it's almost like I have to wait a whole 1 more day for it! Life is funny like that sometimes.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    My local Gamestop had a midnight release. There was a line that stretched past several storefronts of people who had preordered the game and were just waiting for midnight to pick up their copy. That's why they were willing to do the midnight release, because so many people preordered that it was worth it to stay open the extra hours.

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
    Years
    My local Gamestop had a midnight release. There was a line that stretched past several storefronts of people who had preordered the game and were just waiting for midnight to pick up their copy. That's why they were willing to do the midnight release, because so many people preordered that it was worth it to stay open the extra hours.

That's probably the reason mine is doing it. I'll be there, but I hope that the line is relatively small and not stretching over the next few blocks. ^__^ Either way, super excited to get the games, even though I will have to suffer one more day without playing them!

CBBXD

CBBXD
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    I went to a different GameStop with a Midnighter. A 7 year olds Mom was confused as hell when X and Y didnt fit in the DS Lite..........Then Superhero 2DS saved the day........and injured Super Moms Paycheck :)

Years
    The Gamestop that I normally go to (and pre-ordered my Pokemon X from) didn't do a midnight release. I did, however, get my poster and when I picked up my game this morning, they were giving out these sugar cookies with the icing made to look like poke balls. It was so cool, I had to take pictures before I ended up eating it.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    The Gamestop that I normally go to (and pre-ordered my Pokemon X from) didn't do a midnight release. I did, however, get my poster and when I picked up my game this morning, they were giving out these sugar cookies with the icing made to look like poke balls. It was so cool, I had to take pictures before I ended up eating it.

That is soo cool, did you get the pokemon time line poster also?

Back