• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your most boring battle ever?

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2012
    My worst so far was when I fought a gym leader´s Gengar (mean look, sucker punch, hypnosis and shadow ball) with my Stantler (hypnosis, astonish, stomp and leer), it was going well until he ran out of PP on his sucker punch and I on my astonish. And I couldn´t switch because of mean look, so none of us had any move that would damage the other.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
    Years
  • When I battle Magikarps in Liquid Crystal, Random Matchup battles against people with weak pokemon and Japanese people who ALWAYS take it TOO seriously, and that's it.

BeliVuk

Pokemon Stadium 64 Player
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2012
    Any battle in tall grass, they're all so incredibly boring...

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • Battling the Battle Subway with an NPC partner. The Pokemon team is too limited and have quite some lame movesets. The only 2 Pokemon I liked battling along with is the partners' Mienshao and Krookodile.

Years
  • Battling the Battle Subway with an NPC partner. The Pokemon team is too limited and have quite some lame movesets. The only 2 Pokemon I liked battling along with is the partners' Mienshao and Krookodile.

There's also Darmanitan, Conkeldurr, Lilligant, Golurk, Braviary, Mandibuzz, Alomomola, Durant, Cofagrigus, Accelgor, Escavalier, Musharna, Amoonguss, Vanilluxe, Cryogonal, Klinklang, Audino, Gigalith, Eelektross, Beartic, Druddigon, Bouffalant, Throh, Sawk, Excadrill, Chandelure, Ferrothorn, Scrafty, Jellicent, Archeops, Gothitelle, Bisharp, Haxorus and Reuniclus among the Pokemon on their roster.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Those Fishermen with a full party of Magikarps.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I'd have to guess that my most 'boring' battle would be a battle in the Battle Frontier in Pokemon Soul Silver. I had a team of Suicune and two other Pokemon (can't remember which.) Anyway, I entered the Battle Hall, and I think I won a couple of rounds. Anyway, I chose the ghost ype, thinking the next battle would be a pushover. I was against a Shedinja. Okay, 1hp I thought. You can probably guess what happened next. Yeah, I had no moves that were super-effective against it. So I basically just lost slowly, and I was pretty bored and angry.

Apart from that, it's normally when I fight trainers that are ridiculously easy or trainers that take forever to take down, especially when they have lots of full restores.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The final battle with Greevil in Pokemon XD, ironically. It's because it basically became a case of stalling/healing/chipping away at the opponent's HP while I waited enough turns to pass until Timer Balls became effective, and even then snagging his six Pokemon took quite a bit of time.

And in one of the Battle Frontier places I went up against someone with Shuckle AND Wobbuffet. Needless to say that one didn't finish up for awhile.

Kyrk

(╯°□°)╯︵ɔıb oן
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2012
    Pretty much any pure stall teams I fight on PO are usually incredibly boring.

Years
  • Those ones in Black and White in which the enemy Pokemon have Sturdy so I can't defeat them in one hit. It really makes me want to avoid those routes, especially when I'm using a Pokemon who is high on Attack/Special Attack but low on Defense, so that I would otherwise be able to defeat the Pokemon easily if not for its ability.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2013
    I once played my friend who just used evasive moves and nothing else, he just used Stuggle when he was out of PP from his moves..

Years
  • Definitely the early battles when you're just getting started with the game. Only having weak, beginner moves, like Tackle, Pound, and Scratch. Things get real tedious when the Rock-type users come around. @_@

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • My most tedious battle was in the Battle Tower against a Claydol that set up Double Team after Double Team as my moves kept missing. Then it followed that with a bunch of Cosmic Power. And just when I whittled its HP down to 1/3rd, it used Rest. The battle ended with an epic Struggle war (on my favour, thank god for that).

Double Team is banned from competitive play for a reason.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Any battles in the beginning of the game that involve my Fire starter and a Geodude and I have no other capable team members.

Nightmane

Ruler of Houndooms
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2012
    Any battle mainly in the game...I mean, I be walking around, with a legendary Pokemon and a young trainer goes up to you, asking for a battle. You are forced to accept and send out the king of time (for example). As they are trying to beat Dialga, you just sit back and watch as Dialga crushes them. It can be quuite boring.

BlueMageBrilly

The Blue Mage
    Years
  • Most boring battle ever? Well.. In yellow I ended up using all of my Thundershocks on other Pokemon and ended up facing a Metapod just as I ran out and it didn't kill him instantly. .. Needless to say I sat there growling at him and wagging my tail until I ended up dying somehow (I guess an old thing to keep that from happening? I'm not sure!)

The ironic part is that I was a level away from learning quick attack!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    My most boring battle ever was yesterday, which was the BW elite four + N and Ghetsis. I literally used like 3 lvl 100 Pokémon with perfect IVs and EVs and it just was boring.

Back