• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what is your most cherished possession?

Sirfetch’d

do you have anything that has a high amount of sentimental value to you?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i would have to say the winnie the pooh plush that i still have from when i was very little. i still have it and it still plays the winnie the pooh theme whenever you press on his hand and it's very comforting honestly.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • The thing that was extremely sentimental to me is now long gone due to wear and tear. It was a dog plush(that I nicknamed "Puppy Dog" when I was like 2) that, afaik, isn't made anymore but the company that made it is still in business. I suppose the thing that's the most sentimental to me now would be my GBC and Yellow Version cartridge.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • there are some typical things like my wedding band, my two deskside guardian angels, and childhood artwork. i used to have a teddy bear named dinky, and another named major bear, but the former fell apart and the latter i believe is with my mother in storage.

i have some stranger keepsakes around here, like an old pair of khaki shorts riddled with holes that i want to patch up someday. i also have a kitchen chair that has been with me since i was in elementary school. there were so many things lost to time of this sort, my mother would discard old clothes behind my back, among other shitty things she did. she also has a terrible tendency to throw away furniture for no good reason, so to some extent i may just be reconciling with childhood me growing up with that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Perhaps my cat. If animals don't count, then... idk really. I'm quite materialistic, but I'm not a hoarder or extreme sentimentalist. Things are just things.

I say this, but if you steal my keyboards I'll hunt u Down

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I have had this purple blanket since around the time I was born and it holds so much value to me. The original one began to fall apart years ago so we got another one that was similar, and whilst it is not the same, it still has a lot of sentimental value to me. Still have one now. My mum also got me this bracelet that was made at a Buddhist temple, as she wanted me to do well in life and also because she thought I was quite unlucky and hoped that it would protect me. That means a lot to me as well. I try to wear it whenever I can. She wears one that looks the exact same too, actually.

Cid

Years
  • I suppose my phone, my laptop, my 3DS, and its games fit the bill for now. I'd like to look at my old room to see if I managed to keep anything truly special from my childhood, but it's been so long that I feel like most of it's gone now. Some of the bags, earphone cases, and various mementos that people have bought for me also hold a special place in my heart, because they remind me of the people who gave me those things. Two that particularly stand out are Homestuck Books 1 and 2 given to me by my best friends when I left my old job and uni. I also bagged a lot of things during my two trips to Japan; I wouldn't want to lose those. Oh and a working cartridge of the Japanese Pokémon Green! I got that online from an old seller, and I played it until I could no longer read the screen of my Game Boy (darn how I wish I didn't let it wear and tear like that); I even managed to perform the Mew on Nugget Bridge glitch with it, haha. I'd like to buy a Game Boy or a Game Boy Color to finish it.

edit: Oh, and the tickets for the movies I've watched with friends. I should honestly store them in a scrapbook of sorts; they've been piling up in my wallet.

Last edited:
    Years
  • At this point... probably my Switch, because Nintendo is reaaaaaaally gonna not let us cloud save Splatoon 2. I didn't put in near 1500 hours and so much nice gear to have it all disappear. >:(

*coughs*

More realistically: All of my writing, both physical and digital. Even though many of those stories are complete junk, I made them and I can't bear to get rid of them.
    After that's the usual stuff: my computer, phone, 3DS, keyboard, amiibo, Pokemon plushies, ect ect...

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Honestly, I have a lot of them. One of my prized possessions would def have to be my Axel plushie. He means a lot to me because he was the first anime con plushie at well... the first one I ever went to. He's gone to that very same con for every that I've gone as well. :3

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    My wedding band and everything I have left of my mom. Also my wonderful pets, even though I'm not sure they count as possessions, aha.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    It took me a while, but my most cherished items are my sketchbooks and art supplies. My sketchbooks have more sentimental value than anything else, I've kept every single sketchbook since I was 8 years old and going through them always makes me happy. I remember each memory of the time vividly when I look at each drawing, and if I lost them, I'd feel like I lost a part of myself.

I also adore my art supplies, just because I spent a ridiculous amount of money amassing the collection I currently own. =P

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I have had this purple blanket since around the time I was born and it holds so much value to me. The original one began to fall apart years ago so we got another one that was similar, and whilst it is not the same, it still has a lot of sentimental value to me. Still have one now. My mum also got me this bracelet that was made at a Buddhist temple, as she wanted me to do well in life and also because she thought I was quite unlucky and hoped that it would protect me. That means a lot to me as well. I try to wear it whenever I can. She wears one that looks the exact same too, actually.
    i always like gifts like that. when i was little my mother's friend kris got all four of us (her, my mother, my sister and i) gold bracelets that we all wore together. one day i guess my mother needed money and pawned them one day, and i was quite sad :( never saw them again

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    You know, I'm a strange one in that I'm not overly sentimental about items.

Though, I guess I wouldn't want to lose some of my plushies or my merch that I've collected over the years, and some of those were gifts so I guess those are the most important.

To be honest, a lot of whats on my computer is important to me. Memories and such.

Edit: OH I forgot, there is a necklace that my mom got me for a birthday years ago that I would be sad if I lost.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm gonna just say that my laptop & my anime merch. All of it has a lot of value to me, and I'd cry if anything happened to either. Recently, my first laptop's screen broke, and I was very, very unhappy and stressed about it. Switching over to the new one I had lying around was very difficult for me.

Years
  • A blanket knitted for me when I was born by my great auntie, a small St. Christopher icon my grandma gave me when I started travelling. Things given with love by others that are sadly no longer with us. Besides things like that I don't have a great deal of sentimental attachment to items (I had a bit of a hoarding problem growing up so I worked hard at unlearning that habit).

Actually some Pokémon I have from my original Ruby and Leaf Green plays I have stored safely on my Sun version right now mean a lot to me. I never use them but I can't bare to ever delete them. They gave me a lot of happiness and mean a great deal to me so I always make a point to transfer them onto the next generation and show them the region with a few battles.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • A pinecone I named Bob D, that I found in Baguio. She was the biggest pinecone I could find.
    That or an Espurr plush my cousin bought for me from Japan.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    my 1924 b&d silverbell #3 banjo. I inherited it from my great uncle who played dixieland jazz on a paddle wheel that went up and down the Mississippi river. he even jammed with Louis Armstrong a few times in New Orleans. I play it every once in a while but it just feels weird to be strumming around with a piece of history for entertainment lol

Spoiler:

Years
  • Okay, I initially was only going to pick one or 2 things, but it was hard to limit them, so these are my absolutely most cherished possessions out of everything I own.

The pictures I have of my mom, I don't have many, she passed away 3 years ago. My favorite is probably from 2012 of us at my high school graduation.

My baptism/confirmation certificate from the 2018 Easter vigil

A framed picture that says "Don't Worry, Be Happy" gifted from a good friend who unfortunately died in a car accident a couple years ago.

My first cat Jack's leash/harness, we couldn't get him to walk outside but it's a memory of him I'm glad to hold onto.

Lastly, my personalized autographed Lindsey Stirling "The Only Pirate at the Party" book, her biography. This is for a few reasons, one being I love her music and I played violin for many years, another is that she is inspirational to me because of her eating disorder recovery, which I'm going through as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • as a materialistic AND sentimental person this is a hard question to answer lol. ummmm i guess anything my dad bought me? he's not a big gift kind of person but sometimes when i was growing up, he would buy us toys and stuff so like. my original DS, my togekiss plush, my copy of pokemon blue. actually he bought me the blue version the night before he was going to going to jail and i mean we knew that so. i clung to that thing and only played it after he went in. it was literally a $2 cartridge but that's what i wanted and he was in one of those 'i'll get you whatever you want if you see something' moods while we were at the mall that night. cartridge looks like ass and runs like shit (can't even like. tap your gameboy without risking the damn thing freezing) but i wouldn't trade it for the world.

lol i feel like i can't leave you guys on a cliffhanger here and want to add that this was over 10 years ago and he's long since been out of jail and he's not dead or anything but you know at the time, i wasn't sure how long this was gonna last so!!! the point still stands tho, he's not the gift type so any time he said he'd get us something, we took advantage.

Last edited:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Many things but I think my tablet probably. It was a gift from a close friend and I take it everywhere since it shows they believed in me enough to take a shot at letting me further myself in the art world.

Back