• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What is your most loathed Frontier facility?

Which facility do you hate the most?

• Battle Arena

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Battle Dome

• Battle Factory

• Battle Palace

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Battle Pike

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Battle Pyramid

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Battle Tower

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • All

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • None

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

. R e ð e m p † i o n

•You got a piece of meh!•
Years
  • What is your most loathed Frontier facility?

Most Hated Facilities

Okay, just what the title inquires, what is the facility that harbors your most hatred?
    But first an overview:

What is your most loathed Frontier facility?

First, the Battle Arena. In this facility you will have a 3 vs. 3, single match, giving you and your opponent 3 turns to defeat the other. And, as you all know there is a twist, and yes it seldom frustrates you when the referee declares that you clearly have no : Mind, Skill or Body, respectively during the battle and you lose the challenge.
    But, In my opinion, this is the best place for strategic battling in the frontier because of the 3 turn, Set match. Sweepers were my key here.

The Battle Dome: you will fight in a bracket tournament with 15 other trainers. The battling is regular single or double battling - no modified rules or restrictions (Apart from the usual level and legendary clauses).
    Not a very strategic place except for the team choosing. Only when you the opponent had changed the pokemon that you expected will be in the battle, therefore making it somewhat difficult.
    In my opinion, Dome was the easiest facility to win against, obviously. Probably a few or no one would want to harbor frustration against this facility...

At the Battle Factory, you will be given six random Pokemon, and each battle, you will choose three to use. Win seven consecutive battles to become the winner. The nice thing about the battling here is that when you win, you'll be able to drop one of your Pokemon for one of your opponent's. But if you had chosen the wrong pokemon for the switch, things may go wrong...

Ah, the Battle Palace - a place of genuine loathing! Your Pokemon will automatically be healed in between battles. Here you will engage an opponent in a regular battle, or a double battle, with three Pokemon of your choice. However, you will not be able to choose your attacks - the more you train them and the more they like you, the more likely they are to choose the right move. However, sometimes they might not attack. This all depends on their nature.

And almost certainly the phrase you have come to despise the most: "<insert Pokemon's name here> is incapable of using its power!"

In the Battle Pike, you will go through a series of rooms with three doors. There are 8 possible outcomes behind each one. (Obviously, two doors can't have the same). There is a person in front of the doors that you can talk to. She tells you what is behind one of the doors, and how she describes it determines that it is one of two possible outcomes. The rest is random luck.

If you happen to be, um...'unlucky', this may dictate your battle. The things hated most here are the status condition, which may eventually lead to defeat.

The Pyramid consists of seven levels with wild Pokemon and trainers on each level. As you enter each level, your view is limited (just like in Dewford Gym) As you can imagine, this becomes easier after you have fought a few battles. You may have noticed that the wild Pokemon in each challenge usually try to inflict you with a status condition. Since your Pokemon are not healed at any time during this challenge, these items that you find will be very valuable in restoring your Pokemon's health. However, if you lack these items, a trainer or even possibly a pokemon may KO it.
    Leaving you defeated.

The Battle Tower, one of the places with probably harbors the most frustration and hatred. Just normal battling form here on, though it takes grueling battle after grueling battle just to obtain gold from Anabel...

So, which facility do you hate (or dislike most?)

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    All, because I have and probably never will be bothered setting up a team of level 50/80/100 pogeys to clean out most of the places and the battle factory just pulls hax.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    The Tower I never got because I was too stubborn to train something higher than current UU.
    The Pyramid was good times.
    The Palace was...easy. It's like watching a movie.
    The *looks up* Dome was easy all-around.
    The Pike made me paranoid about finding shiny Milotics and Dusclopses that I couldn't capture.
    I have to say...I like Sinnoh's Battle Factory better.

Greta beat me countless times. I never varied up my team, and it came down to confusion Umbreon gave me against Shedinja several times. The Arena chewed up so many hours of my time to make it an...unforgettable pursuit.

Ayselipera

The battle pyramid. I tried it once, never again.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • Battle Pyramid. I could never, ever get too far in it. I had difficulties finding items in the limited view at first, and the status effects inflicted from the wild Pokemon could be quite cruel. D;

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    The Battle Palace. Seriously.

Rilla is unable to use its power!

Rilla used Hydro Pump! It missed!

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • Oh, and also the Battle Factory...
    The idea of getting six random Pokemon was really cool at first. I thought it'd be uber awesome. But... Then I realised how hard it was to work with Pokemon I had never used before. xD So sometimes it was frustrating.

Years
  • I hate the Palace. It...idk...doesn't make any sense? =P

I love the Factory, Pike and Dome. The first coz of the randomness. The second coz of the dullness of the ladies. The last coz of the egg-shaped building and Tucker having a Swampert. =D

Years
  • I haven't actually played in all of these...in my most recent game I realized that I've never actually been to the Battle Frontier despite beating Emerald multiple times. The Battle Pike was an easy victory; Battle Dome wasn't too difficult, either. I'm going with the Battle Tower, just because you have to battle so many trainers in order to get to the Brain--more trainers to battle means a greater chance of your computer opponents hitting the luck jackpot, as they seem to do often. I've barely battled there and I already have horror stories of the battles that should have gone my way but didn't thanks to the unfortunate timing of a critical hit(s).

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Battle Pyramid. Not only does it like walking in a cave. it has numerous Electric Pokemon! The first time I reached the top, well, I never went there again.

I like the Battle Pike and Battle Dome. Why did they have to be replaced by the Battle Hall in Sinnoh?

Back