• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your operating system?

What is your operating system?

• Total voters

Mumei

Pokédork
    Years
    I run Windows Vista Home Premium, IMO it's a nice OS and I don't get why people hate it so much. I've heard everything from "memory hog" to "super glitchy", but I haven't experienced anything like that. Maybe because I'm so used to the old computer that had less than a gigabyte of RAM and ran super slowly, but yeah. I've never tried 7, but I do like vista more than XP. The general design is much more polished.

I can use Macs, but they're so darn expensive and there are some little quirks that I just can't get used to for whatever reason. I've worked a tiny bit with Linux, I want to get to know it better but I don't want to risk killing my computer by trying to partition it myself.

Malice.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    Ya I am, Home Premium x64 running on desktop and laptop, and x86 Ultimate on old 2005 desktop. I have x64 7 dual-booted on my high-end desktop and lappy as well.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    While you were making that post I ate all your cookies ^_^

On that note...Is anyone actually willingly running Vista?

I use Vista, and it works just fine.. there were a few issues at first, but after a while all the bugs got worked out. Now it's really nice, and I'm finally glad that I have it. xD;

xMeowthz

Starting off fresh, again.
    Years
    Windows vista is the best thing since ME. I use Windows 7 RC, with Ubuntu as a dual-boot

And in x64/64-bit

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    Since my computer is 2 years old and came with it, Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

I haven't had much problems, except my sidebar no longer works and looks broken. lol.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I've always found the comparisons between ME and Vista to be a bit harsh. There are probably more things about Vista that I dislike than most operating systems, but it's nowhere near as bad as ME was. I think I've gotten perhaps one or two BSODs since I got my Vista laptop a year ago; ME would crash every other time I used it.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    My primary computer is my Windows XP..
    When I get my laptop next month, it will be Windows Vista. >.<
    I also have a Mac OS X I use for my music creation, since my Windows is for art and AMV's

Back