• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your opinion on games similar to Pokemon.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
Years
  • You know what I mean - the likes of Digimon, Monster rancher and the like.

I personally enjoy playing these kind of games, they fill what Pokemon misses for me at times, which is fun, recently I have discovered another game very similar to Pokemon named Paladore, it is fun!

So what is your opinion on this?

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Well, I have never played a digimon or monster rancher game yet, but I really would like to!

Especially since I prefer both the digimon and monster rancher animes to pokemon anime.

Do you have a recommendation on which digmon or monster rancher game is good to start with?

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • i don't really like playing games like those. i do like playing pokemon, but otherwise, the genre pokemon falls under doesn't really appeal to me.

Magikarp Queen

Magikarp Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    Well, I have never played a digimon or monster rancher game yet, but I really would like to!

Especially since I prefer both the digimon and monster rancher animes to pokemon anime.

Do you have a recommendation on which digmon or monster rancher game is good to start with?

I believe the one I had was Digimon Dawn for DS? I don't know why I picked it up, I think Pokemon was slow and I wanted a change of pace. But yeah, I enjoyed that game a lot!

Personally I'll give any monster collecting games a try, I love them so much <3 I also have the Monster Rancher Game fore the DS, the digimon game mentioned above, and one called Monster Racers. I enjoyed all of them except Monster Racers, mostly because there was absolutely zero challenge.

Pancake86

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2012
    I have Digimon Dusk. It's fun.
    A good change of pace from the Pokemon games in my opinion.

Never played Monster Ranchers.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2013
    Those games are like HoN and LoL in my opinion. We all know Dota is the original game and these just copied it. Same with digimon etc. Pokemon is the true original.

Back