• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your opinion on INTERACTIVE hacks

Do you like interactive hacks?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

M.L

Invisible
Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    well im curious not see-ing this too much but a hack that you get to choose its outcome well example to help a town if not the town remains closed if you do it re opens or if you want to help someone if you do you get shown to a legendary place if not a grunt comes and says Wow your turning out to be a nausty little boy i shall show you a secret path

ect just some examples im curious if you enjoy this style of hacks or not?

(please exuse any grammer as im tired lol)

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
    Years
  • I've honestly never seen it. Truthfully, the idea is great, but for some reason, I really dont like the idea. I would like more than one ending, like you could capture the legendary and be bad, or save it and the region is good again, or unlocking new areas by actions, (one or the other) but huge RPG stuff in my opinion should just be avoided. Not only would the scripter be doing loads of work for both storylines, but it would get incredibly complicated. Not hard to do, its just that im not as organized as I should be to be able to do this.

So, I'm really split on this. I might do something like it in a tiny hack, but only once I finish Petra. Or at least the Alpha.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • No, because, inherently, hierarchical interactivity means that you're going to miss something when you play through it and, if there's a lot of it, you could miss a large amount of stuff. Unless the entire story is 'interactive' as you put it and each playthrough will be different, it'll get annoying because you'll miss out on this interesting thing. Oh, and it'll be a great bother for testers.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Interactive hacks are interesting idea but the fact that it's very demanding on creator stops them from being produced more...
    If I recall correctly then DJG's Rescue Rangers and LoG had this option. RR in the Dragon selecting part which determined your ending. And LoG should have had this though we did not see it yet.
    So to sum it up I like the concept but I understand why not many of hackers don't want to create them.

coca cola

Wanna be:D
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    To be honest this sounds hard for a hacker to do and i am a rookie at hacking but as also a person who loves playing hacks i would love options that change results in the game and can even change pokemon available and towns depending on what you choose... That game i wouldn't play once either i would p[lay more because I would want to try other options so I would love it but i dont think creaters would XD.

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    i dont think creaters would XD.

i would admit the scripters will have alot of work as if this is chosen then 2 scripts would take place one to activate the one depending on the choice and the other one to say stop him from going to a citie ect i might use this in one town as you can choose to help the tow rid it of TT or leave it and take an alternate route :) lol

coca cola

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    I am a rookie hacker but i been thinking if you were to have two things happening at once in the game it would take a lot more space and i thinks theres a limit to how much you can put in that may or may not stop you making really clever interactive choices but if this is the case could you make a series of games that has a specific passcode to you for your pokemon lvs to be imported like a region move...

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • I'm actually quite in favor of interactive hacks. I've never really seen it happen before. But it does give you a reason to replay the hack once you finish it and not drop it immediately once you're done. But that's the only positive side to interactive hacks.

There are many downsides. First of all, it requires a lot of work, seeing as you'll have to make more than one storyline. Second, most Pokemon games are not played for their storyline. Sure, it's important, but the main aspect of the game is about collecting. Most people would probably not replay the game so that they could experience a different story, mainly because they now know what the region is like and they've seen the Pokemon. THe only difference would be the story.

In other words, if people won't replay your interactive hack, why make it interactive?

Putin

Anspruchsvolle Narr
    Years
  • I'm so for it that the next project in my queu is entirely based on the idea, seeing you rise from an impoverished nobody that can't afford a Trainer's License to a war general or even king/queen. The impact of choices I intend to steepen as I go along (which serves the triple purpose of making it easier for testers (you can save and work down different plots from later in the game), making the game more exciting as you go along, and making it so that I can put plenty of complexity early on without worrying about running out of space later, since more drastic changes = just closing off/replacing a town or something of the sort, as opposed to having a fine-tuned network of changed details).

Honestly, I don't know how it's not been done much before. It's a little more work, but... Oh, wait. That's kind of the main thing that causes holdups in hacks, isn't it?

[T]ouko

Dedicated Scripter!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2013
    It would be something that makes the hack more interesting, it could be that one thing most hacks miss... I like it, I'd use it, even if it's only in side-quests, it'd be cool.

Last edited:

coca cola

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    I'm actually quite in favor of interactive hacks. I've never really seen it happen before. But it does give you a reason to replay the hack once you finish it and not drop it immediately once you're done. But that's the only positive side to interactive hacks.

There are many downsides. First of all, it requires a lot of work, seeing as you'll have to make more than one storyline. Second, most Pokemon games are not played for their storyline. Sure, it's important, but the main aspect of the game is about collecting. Most people would probably not replay the game so that they could experience a different story, mainly because they now know what the region is like and they've seen the Pokemon. THe only difference would be the story.

In other words, if people won't replay your interactive hack, why make it interactive?

Yes but some areas could be of limits according to choices you have made and same with routes and pokemon and if you want to catch them all then i don't know to be honest inless they can make a 2nd game that does something withyour save file...

SharpAceX

Pokémon: SacredFire creator
    Years
  • A hack like this would be great but the amount of work to keep up 2 or more different endings is immense. =\

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    I don't know what Interactive means
    lol well it is when you get to choose what happens next like that like example shall you help us if you say yes somthing happens if you say no somthing diffrent happens
    you understand.. L:P

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2016
    I think its a good idea, but for the hacker it does create more work. I'm surprised it hasn't been done more. Or I just haven't played very many hacks with it in it.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
    Years
    • Seen today
    Depends. I wouldn't want to choose EVERYTHING. Maybe one or two things.

This is Pokemon, not Fallout

AustinWolff

has left
    Years
  • I think this would be a good Idea if you had an easy/normal/hard concept in the game... like a message box would appear and ask you if you wanted to play a version, then the outcomes would be from that answer. so in truth, you only choose once but the outcomes are different

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • I dislike. Simply because you don't get to see all of the hack in one play; and I tend to talk to every NPC with changed dialogs, not just in Pokemon though :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back