• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What is your opinion on the Pokemon X & Pokemon Y legendaries?

Elements1

Meh
Years
Zygarde will probably get a new form and be more powerful / useful if they make a Z version or X/y2 (like Giratina and Kyurem)

as for typing, I didn't know about Fairy type or anything when I got the game!

I hope that's the case, Zygarde just plain out sucks now. It would make sense for Zygarde to get an upgrade and I'm also hoping to be able to get it's shiny form ^^

Anyway I agree with Yveltal being way more powerful, just look at their signature moves! Yveltal has Oblivion wing which has 80 power but also heals 75% of damage given while Xerneas has Geomancy which has to charge one turn before getting the stat boosts.

Years
The cover legends are pretty awesome, especially Xerneas which I like for its antlers and majestic designing. It also gets Geomancy, along with a variety of mixed attacks, which is pretty cool. Yveltal is also, just not as much as Xerneas for me.

Zygarde on the other hand, I guess is okay. It gets Dragon Dance if nothing else, and Coil, but that's about it for me.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I love the design of Yveltal; to me, it looks like a mutated version of Lugia, which is pretty cool. Xerneas isn't too bad-looking, either. Zygarde, well, I'm just not such a huge fan of its body structure. If it were bigger, maybe, it definitely would have looked better. As for Volacanion, Hoopa, and Diancie, I'm liking them so far. I've never used them, though, so can't say how good they are in battling. :P

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I like the designs; however, I did find that the type match-ups were a bit odd, and Yvetal's in particular didn't feel very "legendary" at all. Maybe we've become too accustomed to seeing some of the oddball types in there (Dragon, Steel, Electric) and that's why I feel that way...

Asides that, I haven't caught my Yvetal yet in Pokemon Y, but I felt that they were used appropriately in the storyline itself. I just wish they would've been a little more involved. You don't really know what Team Flare is referring to about the "ultimate weapon" and how it relates to the Pokemon itself until the very end, which somewhat made their presence in the game (up until capture) very small.

TheWilyWeezing

Avid traveller, avid trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 20, 2015
I prefer Yveltal over Xerneas, but the typing is one-sided in Xerneas's favor. Also, there's still no Poison legendary, sadly enough.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I was so sick and fed-up with so many dragon legendaries! Yveltal and Xerneas are a nice breath of fresh air for me. They might be my favorite version mascots since Ho-Oh/Lugia. What I love about them is how different they are from each other, such that I feel as though it's easier to pick a side and thus pick a game. With Dialga and Palkia, just look at their faces--exactly the same. Do you want the big blue metal intimidating dragon? Or the big purple water intimidating dragons? Not much of a choice. Conceptually, the choice of truth versus ideals between Zekrom and Reshiram was pretty vague. With Xerneas and Yveltal, the difference is much more pronounced. Everything from their colour schemes to their expressions and poses, from the species they're based off of to their abilities over life/death strongly contrast with each other.

If Xerneas was Fairy/Grass and Yveltal was Dark/Flying, then Yveltal's flying type and Oblivion Wing would even the fight in that they would each have one type supereffective against the other, and the other resisted. I'm personally fine with their being an imbalance...

Kyogre > Groudon, Dialga > Palkia. It's not exactly uncommon. Does anyone else think that Lugia was purposely made Psychic/Flying instead of Water/Flying so that it didn't have a type advantage against Ho-Oh? I'd much rather that a pokemon fit its type well than be forced into a type (in this case, Fairy/Grass Xerneas) just so an overly-specific 1v1 scenario is evened out.

Back