• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your perception of the Xbox One?

How would you characterize your perception of the Xbox One?

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • I'm honestly just curious about this. Since it's unveiling in May of 2013, the system has pulled a 180 on much of it's system's characteristics, and thus I wanted to know from y'all what your opinion of the console in general is. All I ask is please back up all opinions with notable information.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Good does not mean great, therefore I will say it's good. 'Next-Gen' for the most part has been a complete disappointment(Graphics, Games being held back by all the people who wont buy a new console and therefore make all new games suck, etc...), much like 2014 for gaming in general (Titanfall, Watchdogs, Destiny, etc...). Recently it has had some very fun games such as Halo MCC (Though this doesnt count as much since its all remakes) and Sunset Overdrive.

As far as graphics, it's pretty good. I don't really care about this 60fps 1080p crap because me and my 20/20 vision cant see a difference between 30 and 60fps (Actually, the only people I've had say they can see a difference IRL both have extremely bad vision). The actual graphics themselves are decent enough. Nothing mind blowing (To be expected.. Only PC gets mind blowing graphics)

The UI for the Xbone(r) is god awful. I now have the same Metro crap on my PC, Phone, and Xbox. Microsoft needs to stop force feeding us their touchscreen crap, because its crap. The PS4 wins completely in this catagory. The Xbone UI has gotten a bit better with recent updates, I like that getting achievements unlocks new backgrounds, more reason to try and unlock them.

The community... Well... I'll just say it depends on where you go. I normally mute all mics anyways. Damn 12 year olds playing M rated games...

Disclaimer: You can't say any of my points are wrong because none of them are facts, and are IN FACT, opinions formed from my personal experiences with the console.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Good does not mean great, therefore I will say it's good. 'Next-Gen' for the most part has been a complete disappointment(Graphics, Games being held back by all the people who wont buy a new console and therefore make all new games suck, etc...), much like 2014 for gaming in general (Titanfall, Watchdogs, Destiny, etc...). Recently it has had some very fun games such as Halo MCC (Though this doesnt count as much since its all remakes) and Sunset Overdrive.

As far as graphics, it's pretty good. I don't really care about this 60fps 1080p crap because me and my 20/20 vision cant see a difference between 30 and 60fps (Actually, the only people I've had say they can see a difference IRL both have extremely bad vision). The actual graphics themselves are decent enough. Nothing mind blowing (To be expected.. Only PC gets mind blowing graphics)

The UI for the Xbone(r) is god awful. I now have the same Metro crap on my PC, Phone, and Xbox. Microsoft needs to stop force feeding us their touchscreen crap, because its crap. The PS4 wins completely in this catagory. The Xbone UI has gotten a bit better with recent updates, I like that getting achievements unlocks new backgrounds, more reason to try and unlock them.

The community... Well... I'll just say it depends on where you go. I normally mute all mics anyways. Damn 12 year olds playing M rated games...

Disclaimer: You can't say any of my points are wrong because none of them are facts, and are IN FACT, opinions formed from my personal experiences with the console.

I know mainly everyone's points are going to be opinionated so you don't have to worry about that. It was moreover relating to pots that go "Micro$oft and the Xbone sux" without any elaboration. But you don't think Titanfall is a good game? Why is that?

Arsenic

Years
  • Because I played the beta. Which means I did everything there was to do in the game without knowing it. I expected a lot more content to be in the full game, not just 2 weapons per category and whatnot.

I had the same problem with the Destiny beta...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I'd say it's about as good as the PS4, if not better due to its currently released exclusives (Titanfall's quite fun, The Halo Collection's great, and I hear Sunset Overdrive's good as well). That said, I'd recommend it about as much as the PS4- in that I currently wouldn't. While I do think, as of 2015, that they could very well be viable consoles, they don't really have much in terms of selling points that would make me pick them over their exclusive building Nintendo adversary, PC, or any of the last gen consoles.

Arsenic

Years
  • I see at least 2 people failed to read the rules of voting. Gotta love the intelligence level of some people now-a-days

(I mostly agree to the post above me, to keep this on track)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    We've had an Xbox One for quite a while now. Aside from the setup issues we've had, we have no problems with it whatsoever. I love the Metro UI that Microsoft has (I'm probably part of a minority), and I'm glad that they made it work for the Xbox One. I'm not putting it on a pedestal, it's not exactly a PC, but in terms of console comparison I definitely would not recommend getting it if you already have any of the previous gen consoles.

Perhaps we'll see if something interesting happens to it in the future, eh?

pkmin3033

I don't really like the Xbox One. I know it's early days yet for the current generation, but the PS4 already has a wider variety of games...and, most importantly for me, it has good quality JRPGs, both released and announced. The Xbox360 didn't really have any noteworthy exclusive JRPGs, and I have little hope the Xbox One will either. People are going to try and throw Lost Odyssey at me to counter that, but I LOATHED that game, it was one of the most drab and outright boring games I have ever played.

I know that JRPGs have been promised for the Xbox One for the future, but the Xbox has never been the place for them really, and they're inevitably ported over to Sony consoles, with improved visuals and additional features; Star Ocean 4, Eternal Sonata, etc. I know that isn't as likely with this generation, but if I can get it on the PS4 - which I own - why would I bother getting it for the Xbox One? In terms of variety, the Xbox One has a lot of catching up to do with the PS4 in my opinion.

I will give the console its due, though - it caters very well to its target audience, and since you need a PS+ subscription to play online multiplayer on the PS4, one of the edges the PS3 had over the 360 (that is, not needing to pay to play online) has been erased, closing the gap between the two if multiplayer is your thing. In terms of features and the like, there isn't a huge difference between the Xbox One and the PS4, which is good for it. I can come up with a huge of list of reasons that the 360 is inferior to the PS3, but off the top of my head, the only reason I can come up with to recommend the PS4 over the Xbox One is the variety of games, and that is something I expect to change as time goes on. Perhaps not entirely to my personal satisfaction, but nonetheless.

In an abstract sense, I can appreciate the Xbox One, and can acknowledge that it's a pretty strong console that will only get stronger as time goes on, but on a personal level? I don't like it. It doesn't cater to my tastes in games, and until it gets four or five very strong exclusive JRPGs to its name that are as good as or better than what the PS4 will offer (which is highly unlikely, as it has to compete with some very high quality titles) I'm probably not going to see it with anything other than indifference bordering on disdain.

Neutral, edging towards bad, in short. I'm unwilling to say bad until I see some games for it I might actually want to play and can compare them to what the PS4 will offer me. But, considering the PS4 is offering Disgaea 5, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory-II and Omega Quintet, to name but three upcoming titles I'm interested in (the first two of which I know will be of high quality, being a long-time fan of both series) I hold out very little hope the Xbox One will ever compete for my attention.

...as an aside, I see comparing the Xbox One to the Wii U as somewhat futile; Nintendo have their own niche quite firmly carved out; they don't NEED to compete.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Xbox is just an American PlayStation. I prefer Nintendo and Sony consoles because more Japanese games are available to those consoles. With Xbox, I feel limited to American made sports and shooting games with only a few anime style fighting games.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I don't really like the Xbox One. I know it's early days yet for the current generation, but the PS4 already has a wider variety of games...and, most importantly for me, it has good quality JRPGs, both released and announced. The Xbox360 didn't really have any noteworthy exclusive JRPGs, and I have little hope the Xbox One will either. People are going to try and throw Lost Odyssey at me to counter that, but I LOATHED that game, it was one of the most drab and outright boring games I have ever played.

I know that JRPGs have been promised for the Xbox One for the future, but the Xbox has never been the place for them really, and they're inevitably ported over to Sony consoles, with improved visuals and additional features; Star Ocean 4, Eternal Sonata, etc. I know that isn't as likely with this generation, but if I can get it on the PS4 - which I own - why would I bother getting it for the Xbox One? In terms of variety, the Xbox One has a lot of catching up to do with the PS4 in my opinion.
    I disagree about the Xbone not having as much variety as the Playstation 4. Though the PS3 had far more games last generation than the Xbox 360, so far they seem pretty evenly matched, and I would even say that in terms of genre variety, the Xbox One comes on top. It's getting Final Fantasy Type-0 and Street Fighter V (not exclusive, but worth noting). Apart from that, it has Just Dance, a number of other party games (surprisingly more than the Wii U), as well as Titanfall, Halo, and Sunset Overdrive.

But really, saying one's library has more variety than the other at this point means little, because looking over both of them, they're barely different. They have some games unique to themselves, but ultimately buying one of the two for the average customer comes up to either a specific big name game or brand loyalty (or brand disloyalty, rather, as I'd never seen so many Xbox fans, who up until that point I'd considered mostly stubborn, jump ship at the original list of features and never come back).

And it's difficult to make a statement for JRPGs since there are currently only 4 JRPGs out for the PS4 (well, 5 if you count X-2 seperately), and they're all available on other platforms, most notably the PS3 which is cheaper, easier to come buy, and has a much larger library (JRPG or otherwise), but also on the Playstation Vita and the incredibly cheap Playstation TV. I mean, if we're making a case for the future, that's one thing, but this seems like a current state of affairs deal.

---

I should clarify this: the only reason I'm defending the Xbox One (and only when compared to the PS4), is because I really think Console arguments this early are pretty ridiculous, and this isn't the Xbox 360 version 2 (as I had a rather audacious hate for the 360). Well, it's not exactly early, but comparing them is like comparing apples to grapples: sure, they're different, and sure they taste different- in fact, I'd go as far as to say that despite being similar, they're completely different experiences. That said, they look pretty damn similar- which is why I always go back to their libraries which, currently, are pretty similar save for a few big names on the respective consoles. However, if we were comparing the two systems themselves, that would be a different story, as they have distinctions that I can see make people pick one over the other, but on a library basis there's not exactly too much to go on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I disagree about the Xbone not having as much variety as the Playstation 4. Though the PS3 had far more games last generation than the Xbox 360, so far they seem pretty evenly matched, and I would even say that in terms of genre variety, the Xbox One comes on top. It's getting Final Fantasy Type-0 and Street Fighter V (not exclusive, but worth noting). Apart from that, it has Just Dance, a number of other party games (surprisingly more than the Wii U), as well as Titanfall, Halo, and Sunset Overdrive.

You mean the PS4 is getting Street Fighter V right? :p

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • As any Xbox console, it doesn't interest me at all.
    If I ever want try one or two AAA titles, I will have PS4 for them.
    And one or two Xbone exclusives just don't justify the purchase.

Like Alfieri said, it's just American PS so the owners have access to most common AAA (or should I say shooters?) titles.

Unless Xbone suddenly bring a library of huge exclusive J-games, no interest.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    To be honest, the Xbox One (and PS4) never has and never will interest me. I don't mean to be all PC Master Race, I'm just saying that I do prefer PC much more and find it better on every way. I used to play on non-Nintendo consoles, but I just don't see any reason to not play on PC instead anymore.

inb4 this starts some sort of debate (hopefully not lol)

Arsenic

Years
  • Lol the #1 gripe with the console is that it lacks J-games (Which is a huge feature in my book!) I guess that was to be expected when asked on this site though

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • While I have not bought myself a Xbox One yet (plan to do so this April), my thoughts are somewhat neutral. First off, when it comes to the games for it, sure it does not have much in the way of JRPGs. Also not all of its exclusive games are shooters, it does have exclusives of other genres. As for paying for online, I have no problems with that since I have paying for online for years.

Years
  • X1's launch was horrible but Microsoft woke up and reversed their idiotic decision and has been better since. It's still an awful name though.

Years
  • Kind of blah, I have 360 and that was great but am only interested in Wii U and PS4 this generation.
    Xbox live really puts me off
    Also Xbox games tend to be just US and European titles so you miss out on most Japanese games.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2015
    I like it . I have all the systems and bought it for the exclusives to be honest. Like Sunset Overdrive, Halo MCC and some other stuff too.

Back