• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your screen resolution?

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    The last one of these was made all the way back in 2006. :o

What's your current screen resolution, and how long have you had it like that for?

Mine's 1800x1440, I've had this ever since I got my new monitor in early 2008.
    I'd never go back to a smaller resolution. :)

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • My built in Screen is 1440x900, but I've got another monitor hooked up so I can extend my desktop and it's resolution is at 1680x1050.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    1680x1050, this laptop.

I despise widescreen ratios, however... My own proper monitor is a nice 4:3 CRT that goes at 1600x1200. It's quite old too so it's amusing to see monitors being built today that still have lower maximum resolutions.

ruby

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    You're not wrong there; Mine's a CRT made back in 2000 and it's still a nicer resolution that all posted so far. xD

It's a Formac Pro Nitron 21/650.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Varies with how one defines 'nice'. What I'd personally call most desirable is 1440x1050, but of course, I prefer smaller screens myself.

Years
  • The laptop I'm on now has 1280x800, which is pretty good. I can live on this. :D Alas, this laptop's not mine.

My monitor at home won't go past 1024x768. My monitor's flatscreen with built-in speakers, which is perfect for my dorm, but I loathe that it won't go any higher. I like things small, and although I can get Microsoft Word and my icons small enough, when I browse the Internet, it bothers me that I can't fit that much on my screen compared to what I used to on the old monitor. >_>;; I'm a bit of a spoiled brat, I suppose.

ruby

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Varies with how one defines 'nice'. What I'd personally call most desirable is 1440x1050, but of course, I prefer smaller screens myself.
    Well a higher resolution allows for higher quality images.
    So when I say 'nicer' I mean it quite literally, it being technically better.

Years
  • 1024x768

unfortunately, my silly monitor wont let me go any higher then that.

id like i bigger res, wish i could change it :/

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Well a higher resolution allows for higher quality images.
    Try setting your BIOS options to display lower resolutions without stretching the image to fill the screen, and notice how it's just as sharp, just smaller thus rendering everything larger in relation to the screen size.
    Screen resolution has nothing to do with an image's actual quality, it only dictates how much of an image you can see on-screen at any one given point.

Higher resolution does allow for a higher quality picture, if that's what you meant.

Last edited:

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
  • 20' Samsung SyncMaster

1680 x 1050-Only prob I have with it is having to find a wallpaper that size. ~.~

Back