• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What item do you usually have assigned to the select button?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    See title.

In games one can't run, I have the bike. In games one can, a fishing rod.

I expect either of the bikes to be typical, but I was curious, since as of the third generation the player character can run via means of the appropriate shoes, to see if this has changed since I was a sprightly wee trainer myself.

Mewtwo152

nomnomnomnonmnom
    Years
    Well, I barely used the Bikes in the 3rd Gen, as you run rather fast, and I found D/P/Pt's Bike a nuisance. So, usually a Rod.
    But with HG/SS's use of two registered items, the Bike and a Rod or Dowsing MCHN.

Years
    I personally find equipping my Bike with Select is useful in any game.
    In HeartGold, I either had my Berry Pots (Yeah, I actually grew my own berries) or the Dowsing Machine.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    Since after playing pokemon throughout the generations i have become extremely skilled with the bike
    so yeah the bike
    Sometimes vs seeker

Safetyfirst

Chloe Moretz Fan
    Years
    Always got my bike at hand, though in HG/SS where you can have 2 registered, I also assign my Berry Pots. Growing berries is fun. Although, when im fishing for training or to catch a pokemon etc, Ill assign my rod so I dont have to keep opening bag, then re-assign bike & pots afterwards

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Bike or VS Seeker, depending on whether I'm looking for battles or not. A rod if I'm fishing of course.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I personally find equipping my Bike with Select is useful in any game.
    In HeartGold, I either had my Berry Pots (Yeah, I actually grew my own berries) or the Dowsing Machine.

Same! In HG/SS I have my Berry Pots and my Bike registered on the touch-screen. In all other versions, it's just me wheels. :]

The Red Chain

In Platinum and Pearl I have Pokeradar assigned there at all times being that both games are complete and I don't need the bike anymore. XD
    Chaining is my favorite hobby in that one. ^^

For SoulSilver I have both the bike and the Dowsing MCHN registered.

Generation 3.. I usually have the bike there.. but as it's been said above, the running speed keeps me pretty satisfied most of the time. :3

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    GSC/RSE - (Mach) Bike
    FRLG - Vs. Seeker
    DPPt - Vs. Seeker (sometimes the bike, depends on what I'm doing)
    HGSS - Apricorn Box or Berry Pots C:

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    If possible, the Vs. Seeker is assigned to select. In HG/SS, I have my Berry Pots (I'm going to grow 100 Leppa berries 8D) and the Dowsing Machine.

Years
    SRE: Acro Bike

DPPt: I switch between Poke Radar, Bicycle, and Super Rod :P

Insane85, AWESOME Avatar XD

I like Mudkip.

Last edited:

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    The bike; always, unless I'm doing something specific at the time e.g. fishing.

And the second one for HGSS is the berry pots.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    I have my Dowsing Machine and Good Rod handy on Soul Silver.

I use the Dowsing Machine quite a bit, I scour every inch of the cities and town of Johto.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Bike is my shortcut in every game except for HG. I like my Pokémon following me too much so I never use the bike, so instead I usually have the berries out or the itemfinder. :>

Back