• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What just happened?

The_IceCream

So you like Mudkips?
Years
  • I was just playing my pokemon soul silver and all of a sudden Lyra called me and said
    "One day I was walking and i turned around and saw my marril evolving into an azumarril!" Those were the exact words... Yet when I went to her house in twin leaf town, she still had a marril! Weird huh? Does any body know what happened or did nintendo just mess up? She might have actualy stopped the evoulition or somthing... What do you think?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I was just playing my pokemon soul silver and all of a sudden Lyra called me and said
    "One day I was walking and i turned around and saw my marril evolving into an azumarril!" Those were the exact words... Yet when I went to her house in twin leaf town, she still had a marril! Weird huh? Does any body know what happened or did nintendo just mess up? She might have actualy stopped the evoulition or somthing... What do you think?

Yeah, this has happened to me; It's just a small meaningless feature Nintendo added in :3

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
  • Never had that before, but i've found many a phone call naming the wrong pokemon or thing in the past so yeah probably just nintendo having some fun

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Heh, there was a thread a few months back on her phone calls. XD I suppose some possible explanations include that she has multiple Marill, or she stopped it from evolving as already suggested. Pressing B to go out of the pokegear menu after making that call did more than just that.

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
  • I must say, I play the spanish version and what she says is slighty different. She says exactly this:

"Wouldn't be awesome if you turn to talk to your Marill, and finds out he evolved?"

So...

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • Probably just a small screw-up in the translation. Though, considering the game's programmed to have Lyra say this multiple times, I surprised the translation team didn't catch it.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I got the phone call, but I didn't actually pay any attention to it until just now.
    Hmm.
    Just something Nintendo forgot. Big surprise.
    That amused me though. lol

Back