• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What keeps you playing?

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2013
    What keeps you guys playing pokemon? Personally, I can't pick up my DS anymore and play a pokemon game because it's really repetitive for me haha. Battle some trainers, do some stuff, defeat the enemies, beat gym leaders, win the Elite 4. Then after, do whatever. I would do some battling but since I've played pokemon since I was like 6, I don't enjoy training pokemon for fun anymore lol.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    The newer games, it takes some effort for me to replay. The older games, I do it for the fun and memories :D

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • Its the competitive edge, to me its crack, I just can't get enough. In my opinion nintendo/gamefreak created one of the greatest strategy games of all time, one that continuously evolves into something better each generation. Since gamefreak has provided me with a franchise that grows with each game, I have faith in the series that it will keep getting better, which it does.

I love this thread, it focuses about what brings people together over pokemon, instead of another complaint thread.

Years
  • Good question. My a.d.d. makes it nearly impossible for me to stick with a game, but something about Pokémon just clicks with me. There's so much to do. If I get bored leveling up one of my Pokémon, I can just go fishing, or blend some berries before entering a Pokéathelon event, or try one of the Battle Frontier games.

I'm also into competitive gaming. I'm real big into arcade games like Street Fighter and BlazBlue. To me, Pokémon is the RPG equivalent to arcade style fighting games. And with so many different Pokémon to learn and choose from, there's always a way to mix it up.

But, just like with arcade fighters, Pokémon is best played in competition with friends. Preferably via Pokémon Battle Colesium on a big screen high def T.V. with beer (if you're old enough) and plenty of junk food.

Jirachi²

Make a wish!
    Years
  • What Keeps Me Playing

Since I don't have Wi-Fi, I keep playing because really I have nothing else to do. Sometimes I do get bored and take a break from Pokemon but I usually end up crawling back because I enjoy playing through the games with different Pokemon each time.

- Jirachi² -

Last edited:

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • Making new teams each time I re-start, or trying to fill the dex, exploring every corner of the map... :D
    I only don't plan on re-starting HeartGold, xD would be too much of a hassle.

Years
    • WA
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    It's fun and incredibly addictive. Although I do get bored of them frequently, I'll almost always relapse and start playing again.

Back