• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Kind Of Game Do You Want To See?

What Kind Of Pokemon Game Do You Want To See?

• Fighting - Street Fighter Style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shooting - 2D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shooting - FPS/3rd Person

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • RTS

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Turn Based Strategy

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sports - Pokemon Madden anyone?

• Sim

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Platformer

• Action Adventure

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    If you are like me, I am sick of the usual Pokemon RPG, even the execs at Nintendo feel that way, so thats why they came up with spin off games like Hey You Pikachu, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium 1/2, and all those games... I think this community needs more of this, so I want people's input. What kind of game do you want to see? Personally I am working on a RTS, which I will say will have horrible AI

Poll coming

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • Hm, personally I always thought it would be neat if Pokemon got a spin off game with a battle system more similar to final fantasy's... The time bar fills at a point based on the Pokemon's speed. Special Attack and Attack stayed for the physical-special split. Not complicated, same for the defense. Maybe accuracy and evasion could be worked on though... hm, yea, something more like that. Perhaps there wasn't PP for every specific move, but a total amount of PP for one pokemon, and their attacks use some of it, similar to materia. This would also allow the usage of all the attacks learned at a certain level....breeding should be more specific. Personally I really doubt a whale would be making a baby with a kitten. Um... Attacks should be able to have more than one typing in certain cases, and instead of a Pokemon type basing what it's weak/neutral against, it should internally be weak to things. Basically, that pokemon's stab is just there for Stab factor....Ability's should be reworked to match what they actually do. For example, I would imagine pressure slowing down all other pokes rather than doubling amount of PP used. And Sand Veil sounds more like a defensive thing, rather than evasive...
    yep... my imagination... it carries me places...

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Hm, personally I always thought it would be neat if Pokemon got a spin off game with a battle system more similar to final fantasy's... The time bar fills at a point based on the Pokemon's speed. Special Attack and Attack stayed for the physical-special split. Not complicated, same for the defense. Maybe accuracy and evasion could be worked on though... hm, yea, something more like that. Perhaps there wasn't PP for every specific move, but a total amount of PP for one pokemon, and their attacks use some of it, similar to materia. This would also allow the usage of all the attacks learned at a certain level....breeding should be more specific. Personally I really doubt a whale would be making a baby with a kitten. Um... Attacks should be able to have more than one typing in certain cases, and instead of a Pokemon type basing what it's weak/neutral against, it should internally be weak to things. Basically, that pokemon's stab is just there for Stab factor....Ability's should be reworked to match what they actually do. For example, I would imagine pressure slowing down all other pokes rather than doubling amount of PP used. And Sand Veil sounds more like a defensive thing, rather than evasive...
    yep... my imagination... it carries me places...

May be Pokemon B/W would do that, they did say it would be a new experience... Who knows?

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Fighting would be kinda cool actually, as long as it's like a story mode and not like brawl, but it could go either way depending on AI graphics, ect

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    I would like to see a rts.

I was thinking about making a platformer though.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • A pokemon platformer would be nice, like charmander running aroung shooting flames and reaching a goal.. sounds kinds cool

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    An RTS might be fun. Not quite sure how it would work, but it might be fun.

Another idea I had was a Theme Hospital-type game, but based on a Pokémon Breeding Centre. The reception accepts the Pokémon, you have a building with several rooms (kitchen, sick bay, breeding room, storage room, computer/teleporter room, Pokémon training room, staff training room, etc.), and then you have a large outside area divided into different kinds of terrain where all the Pokémon are kept.

You can terraform parts of the outside area, and expand into new areas once you buy them. You gain access to more kinds of rooms, tech and staff skills as you progress through the game. Staff members include receptionist, mechanic (takes care of the tech), breeder (with specialities in nursing, tutoring, nutrition, coordinating) and scout (a trainer that occasionally catches Pokémon for the Centre).

The trainers dropping off their Pokémon can have all kinds of requests - level it up, evolve it, teach it move X, make it obey orders, make it more beautiful, etc. etc. You can also sell Centre-owned Pokémon and eggs for some extra cash or to free up space (trends can affect the prices, e.g. suddenly Clefairy is popular, so you can sell them for more).

Occasionally you may be approached by a disreputable group of people (e.g. Team Rocket) and "persuaded" to hand over some Pokémon. If you refuse, you can ward them off by setting your Pokémon off them (but risk them returning in force). Agree, and they won't bother you again (but you risk taking a popularity hit, not to mention a trainer will be very annoyed if you handed over their Pokémon).

There's huge scope for this idea, and if I knew how to do the graphical side of it, I'd probably have a go at it myself (I'm fairly sure I can do some acceptable coding for it). If someone wants to team up with me on this project, let me know.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • An RTS might be fun. Not quite sure how it would work, but it might be fun.

Another idea I had was a Theme Hospital-type game, but based on a Pokémon Breeding Centre. The reception accepts the Pokémon, you have a building with several rooms (kitchen, sick bay, breeding room, storage room, computer/teleporter room, Pokémon training room, staff training room, etc.), and then you have a large outside area divided into different kinds of terrain where all the Pokémon are kept.

You can terraform parts of the outside area, and expand into new areas once you buy them. You gain access to more kinds of rooms, tech and staff skills as you progress through the game. Staff members include receptionist, mechanic (takes care of the tech), breeder (with specialities in nursing, tutoring, nutrition, coordinating) and scout (a trainer that occasionally catches Pokémon for the Centre).

The trainers dropping off their Pokémon can have all kinds of requests - level it up, evolve it, teach it move X, make it obey orders, make it more beautiful, etc. etc. You can also sell Centre-owned Pokémon and eggs for some extra cash or to free up space (trends can affect the prices, e.g. suddenly Clefairy is popular, so you can sell them for more).

Occasionally you may be approached by a disreputable group of people (e.g. Team Rocket) and "persuaded" to hand over some Pokémon. If you refuse, you can ward them off by setting your Pokémon off them (but risk them returning in force). Agree, and they won't bother you again (but you risk taking a popularity hit, not to mention a trainer will be very annoyed if you handed over their Pokémon).

There's huge scope for this idea, and if I knew how to do the graphical side of it, I'd probably have a go at it myself (I'm fairly sure I can do some acceptable coding for it). If someone wants to team up with me on this project, let me know.

Kinda like diner dash but only a pokemon breeding game right? Thats what I picture when I read your idea.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • I've always thought a game where you got to be working in a pokemon center would be awesome. or maybe one where you get to be a gym leader.

honestly, pokemon ranch would have been awesome if there had been more to it than "check it once a day". actually getting to look after the pokemon would be so lovely.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    I see people with all these ideas... Now how come none of you try doing this? Don't be afraid if you don't get it right at the beginning, just keep trying

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • look, you're making a good point, but you're also kind of ruining it by acting so condescending. maybe people don't have the skills to make something so far from the traditional games? or maybe they think it wouldn't be well received here, or perhaps, and this is a crazy thought, they just don't want to?

the whole awesome thing about making a fangame is you get to make it however you want, and yes okay that doesn't mean you have to stick to the traditions of the official games, but it also doesn't mean you have to throw out everything already established and start from scratch. fangames that follow the path of official games - you get a pokemon somehow, get badges, travel through a new region, perhaps save the world - are just as legitimate as games that go in an entirely new direction.

I get that you think it's ~*~so important~*~ for this forum to have ~*~diverse~*~ pokemon games, but acting superior is um, not actually a necessary part of encouraging diversity.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    look, you're making a good point, but you're also kind of ruining it by acting so condescending. maybe people don't have the skills to make something so far from the traditional games? or maybe they think it wouldn't be well received here, or perhaps, and this is a crazy thought, they just don't want to?

the whole awesome thing about making a fangame is you get to make it however you want, and yes okay that doesn't mean you have to stick to the traditions of the official games, but it also doesn't mean you have to throw out everything already established and start from scratch. fangames that follow the path of official games - you get a pokemon somehow, get badges, travel through a new region, perhaps save the world - are just as legitimate as games that go in an entirely new direction.

I get that you think it's ~*~so important~*~ for this forum to have ~*~diverse~*~ pokemon games, but acting superior is um, not actually a necessary part of encouraging diversity.
    You are taking this the wrong way... I was not saying that people are not capable, people think they are not capable them selves, I am just reassuring them that they can do it, they have the skills to do it, you just have to follow your dreams

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • dude. advice like "follow your dreams" and "they have the skills to do it" is nice, but when nobody's asking for that kind of advice, it really does just come off as condescending. you're sixteen, acting like some wise sage is just weird.

anyway, it's my birthday, and I am so not spending it discussing this with you. whatever. I pretty much agree with a lot of your points, anyway. it would be cool to see a variety of pokemon games in this forum. I just don't think you're going about encouraging it in the best way.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • *Moving back to the original subject*

I'd actually find it quite cool if there was a Super Smash Brothers Brawl version of pokemon. Although almost impossible to make for someone on this forum, seeing as it requires great skill in 3d modeling, extreme computer knowledge, and whatnot. But I'd find that one of the most awesome games ever, seeing as I'm a great fan of Brawl and it's predecessors :)

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    dude. advice like "follow your dreams" and "they have the skills to do it" is nice, but when nobody's asking for that kind of advice, it really does just come off as condescending. you're sixteen, acting like some wise sage is just weird.

anyway, it's my birthday, and I am so not spending it discussing this with you. whatever. I pretty much agree with a lot of your points, anyway. it would be cool to see a variety of pokemon games in this forum. I just don't think you're going about encouraging it in the best way.
    You know what, I am just like that, I am a thinker, if you know me in real life, you will see how I think.
    and happy birthday
    *Moving back to the original subject*

I'd actually find it quite cool if there was a Super Smash Brothers Brawl version of pokemon. Although almost impossible to make for someone on this forum, seeing as it requires great skill in 3d modeling, extreme computer knowledge, and whatnot. But I'd find that one of the most awesome games ever, seeing as I'm a great fan of Brawl and it's predecessors :)
    A 2d SSB is not out of the scope of some of the people here, may be not as smooth as the real SSB, but still not out of reach

Great Mazinger

nope.avi
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    Take Streets Of Rage, Final Fight, Turtles In Time or any of the many side-scrolling beatemups that were popular on arcades and home consoles in the late 80s and early 90s.

Add Pokémon and light RPG elements.

You can't go wrong.

Years
  • Turn-based strategy, god yes. Something like Final Fantasy Tactics. Or this. Pokemon lends itself well to lots of genres, but I think the variety of Pokemon available would translate well (since.. well, it's kind of a turn based strategy already. xD;)

Same with RTS.

...Although I definitely don't have a dream of creating a Pokemon platformer. Most certainly not. That definitely wouldn't be amazing. *whistles*

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Who the hell rated this thread a one star? This is bull ****, you know what, if you have a problem with me just send me a PM, not just doing the subtle stuff. I see no where where this thread is a one star quality thread unless you just have something against me

Back