• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Kind Of Game Do You Want To See?

What Kind Of Pokemon Game Do You Want To See?

• Fighting - Street Fighter Style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shooting - 2D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shooting - FPS/3rd Person

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • RTS

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Turn Based Strategy

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sports - Pokemon Madden anyone?

• Sim

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Platformer

• Action Adventure

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    3d PokémonGame.. running around, chasing wild Caterpie and Beedril in a forest to eventually cornor them with your pidgey and throw a Pokéball!
    That is the start of the perfect Pokémon Game, in my head ^,^

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • 3d PokémonGame.. running around, chasing wild Caterpie and Beedril in a forest to eventually cornor them with your pidgey and throw a Pokéball!
    That is the start of the perfect Pokémon Game, in my head ^,^

Indeed ^_^

How about taking it a step further using holographic glasses or whatever and walking around in the real world 0.o ?

A 2d SSB is not out of the scope of some of the people here, may be not as smooth as the real SSB, but still not out of reach
    I know :) Something like Mugen isn't out of the scope for people here, hell I bet some could even get some 3d models. But I'm talking about almost an exact copy of Brawl but then Pokemon Style xD Which will probably never happen xD

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Indeed ^_^

How about taking it a step further using holographic glasses or whatever and walking around in the real world 0.o ?

I know :) Something like Mugen isn't out of the scope for people here, hell I bet some could even get some 3d models. But I'm talking about almost an exact copy of Brawl but then Pokemon Style xD Which will probably never happen xD

Well... why not just hack Brawl?

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015

Are you kidding?! Hacking next gen games is near impossible if we can't even fully make a GBA hack

No. You can easily import models (from pokémon games), add animations, make new stages, and pretty much everything else that would be needed.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Then why hasn't anyone made a brawl hack if its so easy?

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Tons of people have. Just nobody here has.

I have tried changing Mario's moveset into Luigi's, It's just Mario looks retarded lol

I would just like to see an RTS or a platformer with Pikachu running around, thunderbolting platforms to lower them etc. :D

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • No. You can easily import models (from pokémon games), add animations, make new stages, and pretty much everything else that would be needed.
    Hacking brawl is a good idea. I'm also part of the Brawl hacking scene, and there is already a project busy on creating a full Pokemon hack. The thing is, you can not easily import models, add animations and make new stages. It takes a lot of effort and it definitely isn't done easily.

Furthermore, the problem with brawl is that there is a limit to the amount of characters you can have, that's why I'm saying that it would be awesome if Nintendo actually made a Brawl type game for Pokemon :)

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • Super Smash Brothers brawl, but with all 493 pokemon.

There, I said it. :)

EDIT: Wow, a lot of people have talked about this already. Still, it's a good idea (in my opinion).

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    id want real time strategy but why pick turn based strat pokemon already is one pretty much

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Hacking brawl is a good idea. I'm also part of the Brawl hacking scene, and there is already a project busy on creating a full Pokemon hack. The thing is, you can not easily import models, add animations and make new stages. It takes a lot of effort and it definitely isn't done easily.

Furthermore, the problem with brawl is that there is a limit to the amount of characters you can have, that's why I'm saying that it would be awesome if Nintendo actually made a Brawl type game for Pokemon :)

I know it isn't easy. But it is possible.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I's like to see a turn based strategy like Fire emblem, or FFTA but then pokemon style. come to think of it, Pokemon mystery dungeon's (red/blue) storyline looks a bit similar to that of FFTA.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I always thought that even though it would be near impossible and require lots of people the one type of pokemon game that I would like to see is one very like final fantasy XIII. I just love the battle system of that game.

Back