• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Kind Of Music Do You Listen To?

Years
  • My taste is dominated by hip-hop probably to the point of it consuming 60% of my itunes library at a guess.

The other 40% has large variations, but the most prominent would be indie rock, post-punk revival, alternative rock and dubstep. But there's just about something of everything in my itunes really.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I don't have a set genre, as most what I listen to consists of soundtracks. These are, consistent with the length of movies, series and games, pretty variable in music styles depending on the situations within the medium.
    But most of the instrumental songs that I have have one thing in common: they manage to convey emotion in some way or another. And as such, they put my imagination at work, which is great when I'm drawing and in need of some inspiration.

Besides that though, the vocal songs are mostly J-Pop, usually an extension of the soundtracks (Openings, Endings and insert songs). Of course there are those artists where I'd like to listen to everything they release.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I don't really look for a gender to buy new music - I either hear a song on the radio (unlikely now, very rarely listen to it), on a t.v. show ("Chuck" introduced be to The Black Keys - their music is great, but the scene Gold On The Ceiling featured in surely helped a lot), a film etc. or my friends mention them a lot on Twitter.
    I do now look at my iTunes and realise it is predominantly Rock music. There's plenty of pop, some hip-hop/rap (really loving Macklemore at the moment - about all I listened to in June), a couple of soundtracks (Indiana Jones and Star Wars themes, the really cool one out of Transformers), but mostly Rock - I have all of Muse's albums, am only missing 1 of The Killers' and 2 of Coldplay's as well.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Um, I like a bunch of music, I guess.
    Metal, Classical, Rock, Jazz- I don't know.

But Video Game OSTs are definitely my favourite.
    I am such a shallow person.

Though Vocaloids are pretty good too.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • My taste in music has always been Hard Rock and Metal. It helps me take on the day. The more loud, extreme, and aggressive the music is, I will listen to it. Anytime I listen to other styles I get bored and want to sleep (such as used in background in movies or tv shows which I know I can't control the music selection without changing tv)

My cell phone and PC is full of music from the same sub-genres: Hard Rock, Death Metal, and Thrash Metal. Been into it since 2001 and so far no signs of letting go, I will be a Metalhead for life. At the moment I been listening a lot to Megadeth.

The other style of music I can tolerate is Grunge.

The other exception of music I can tolerate that is not metal or grunge, and won't make me fall asleep is Pokemon songs.

My music: 90% Metal / 5% Grunge / 5% Pokemon.

Years
  • I have a lot of, err, electronic music, but I don't have a clue how to differentiate between techno/electro/dubstep/house/dance/chiptune/whatever. To me, it's all just "electronic that sounds like pop" and "electronic that sounds like rock." Well, not all of it, but I just don't know the differences so I just say "electronic" and leave it at that.

I also listen to a good amount of Japanese pop music, and also the kind of pop music that's more singer-songwriter-y than top 40. There's a lot of rock in my collection, ranging from the 60s through today. Not really any hard rock or big hair 80s rock, but more of the stuff you'd hear from David Bowie, Kate Bush, or Florence + the Machine. You know, like, art rock or whatever. And of course some Beatles and other big names from the 60s and 70s.

And I guess the rest of my listening is composed of classical, various soundtracks, and other kinds of non-lyrical music. Some of this overlaps with my rock music, like Sigur Rós, or with the electronic stuff.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I listen to a lot of J-Pop and K-Pop. I also listen to alternative, dance, Korean indie bands, Japanese rock. I'm not really good at identifying what genre a song is from usually, so I'll just stop there. xD

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • I listen to a lot of different genres.

Recnetly, I've been listening to a lot of metalcore (Asking Alexandria, Crown The Empire, Memphis Mayfire, We Came As Romans), K-Pop (G-Dragon, Big Bang, 2NE1, Daesung), and Hip-Hop (Hoodie Allen & Eminem).

I've also got a lot of american pop and dubstep on my iPhone as well.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Even though alternative rock is what's always playing on the radio in our house, I have a very eclectic taste in music.

If I had to make a prioritized list of my favorite genres, it would look something like this:
    1. EDM/Electrostep
    2. Classic Rock
    3. Alternative Rock
    4. American Pop
    5. R&B/Rap
    6. Country/Folk (not the new crap)

My taste in songs is quite narrowed, however. If you have 300 different EDM songs, I'd probably only like about 5 of them well. Same for all other genres.

Essentially, my taste is specific not to genre, but to sound. Whether I like the song depends on its originality, it's flow/rhythm, and a few other factors. I'm also indifferent to fast/slow music.

Ace.

Love Yourself
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    Hm, I'm not really picky with songs, I just listen to whatever I feel is nice. But if I were to make a list then:

1. Pop
    2. R&B
    3. Rap

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
    Years
  • mmm, I listen to a lot of Indie xD I'm such a hipster, although I also listen to a lot of pop, a snitch of rock, some rap, definitely a lot of R&B and Soul, and also Techno and House... although I try to give every genre out there a chance so you'll almost never find me listening to the same thing unless it's Indie XD my music tastes are like a bowl of Froot Loops :P

In short:
    1. Indie.
    2. Pop.
    3. Soul
    4. Techno.
    5. R&B
    6. House
    7. Rap
    8. Everything else except for Dubstep which I'm too lazy to list :]

:3

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I mainly listen to Pop and Dance. Rock, Alternative and Electronic are the minority, with R&B being the genre I least listen to.

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
    Years
  • Mainly Hip-Hop, it dominates my music library. Jazz, Soul and Progressive Rock in particular are also favorites of mine with Drum n Bass/Jungle working its way in there!

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
  • As long as its not modern, not rap, not country and not from, like, the 1920's, I'll listen to it. In order for me to like it, it's gotta be rock.
    Bands I like:
    1. The Cars
    2. The Animals
    3. The Monkees
    4. The Beatles
    5. AC/DC

Nakala Pri

I love the band Short Stack and lately I have been listening to Rick Astley. I love them both so much! :D

Years
  • My taste in music is complicated.

I go through "phases" where I only listen to one genre, for the most part (one phase country, another hip hop, etc.). My current phase is Metal, last was country.

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
  • I generally listen to rap and hip-hop, along with other genres of rock and metal. I normally find an artist I really like and then get into the swing of only listening into that particular band/artist. I don't really get tired of what I listen to; I think for a month I only listened to From Under the Cork Tree and I probably could have gone longer than that.

Lately, I've been getting more into electronic because of a friend, so that's been different. I have really specific tastes when it comes to electronic so I don't find a lot of it fun to listen to. It needs a really good beat and a good "chorus", if you know what I mean.

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
    Years
  • most of the time, i listen to rap and hip hop.
    sometimes i go for OPM (original philippine music)
    and i also listen to pop songs.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
    Years
  • I listen the crud out of classic rock. Whenever I get a media player, I fill it to the brim with a whole bunch of albums. The bands I like go as so:

Pink Floyd
    Led Zeppelin
    The Beatles
    The Who
    Rush
    The Rolling Stones
    Yes
    Fleetwood Mac (just got into them recently :P)
    The Doors
    King Crimson
    and I'm trying right now to get some Jethro Tull albums.

I really don't like most of today's music. Most of it is too repetitive and puts emphasis on vocals. And don't even get me started on dubstep.

Back