• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of new dual Types would you want?

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
    Title says it. I've been seeing people hoping for a new different kinds of dual typings, like Fire/Water, Flying/Poison, etc etc. What kinds of new dual types do you really want to see? And why?
    I'd so love to see Nintendo make Steel/Ghost type because it feels and sounds awesome, and it's a very good typing.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    A Fire/Water or a Fire/Ice, a dual type that seems impossible. I'd be curious to see which Pokémon could have this kind of types.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'd love to see a Electric/Fire Type, it seems like it would have high speed and special attack, which are my two fave stats :)

Heat Rotom is already an Electric/Fire.

Anyway, I'd probably like to see a Grass/Ghost Pokemon just to see how Gardenia would react.

Fire/Grass would be a cool combo too.

benobrian

Strange Poke User
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2012
    a bug and dragon pokemon that you would find in a cave or tree

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd like to see a Ghost/Steel type along with a Grass/Dragon type too. Should have done those typings with Dusknoir and Sceptile/Serperior respectively if you ask me.

Years
    The two which I really wanted (Dark / Fighting and Dark Dragon) have already been released. But I suppose if I had to name one more then let's go for Dragon / Fighting.

Years
    Give me some Psychic Bugs, please. I want to see alien insects.

And Electric/Rock because, well, it'd be "electric rock" and that would be great.

Saucy Fish Boi

Music is my girlfriend
    Years
    There's no new typing I want to see in particular. I love the typing Water/Dragon but I don't like either of the Pokémon that have that type combination. It's like they're a waste of that combination's potential. I wish Milotic or Huntail were part Dragon. D: I want more Water/Dragons!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I want to see some Ice/Electric

This little fellow would like to have a word with you.

What kind of new dual Types would you want?

Years
    Well, I wish there was Dragon/Rock, Dragon/Steel, Dragon/Fire, Dragon/Electric. And, NO, Legendaries don't count for me ¬¬... also Dark/ Electric and Psychic/Electric

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I'd like to see all types mentioned, but how about...

Dark/Rock: a physically defensive prankster?
    Fire/Dragon: C'mon, most Dragon's breathe fire, why not give them that STAB? (besides Reshiram)
    Electric/Ice: Now thats an unusual combination!
    Bug/Dragon: I can only wonder how it would look like lol.
    Water/Steel: Liquid metal...
    Ghost/Fighting: Normal types beware!
    Flying/Ice: I like this combination the most, however only one Pokemon has it!

Those are the typings I'd like to see in the next generation.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Electric/Grass, though I don't know how such a Pokemon would actually be executed. But it would eliminate the Ground weakness on the Electric end, and the Flying weakness on the Grass end.

Ice/Fighting, Electric/Fighting, Electric/Psychic, and Fighting/Ghost (I don't recall if they've done that one in B/W) would be awesome, too.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2012
    Every broken combination there is...
    But I rly want to see a Grass/Dragon pokemon (Serperior should've been,given his defensive stats)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2013
    I think a Fighting/Dragon would be cool. the Fighting type would let him power through steels. Also a fire/water idea I've heard about is the pistol shirmp.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    A Fire/Water critter symbolising yin-yang is top of my list for this type of stuff. Also a Normal/Ghost critter and a Psychic/Dark critter. Essentially, the most diametrically-opposed types are the ones that I most want to see. Part of the reason I like Volcarona so much is because of its typing: one wouldn't ordinarily think that Bug and Fire would go well together, and yet they do with aplomb!

Back