• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What kind of nickname are you, how do you represent the Pokémon you do~

Years
  • I just thought of the perfect name for these two:
    What kind of nickname are you, how do you represent the Pokémon you do~

Domo! Durhur. :B I mean, they look just like him, right?

Xine

I LIEK U
    Years
  • Spoiler:

InfernoHo-Oh

has returned
    Years
  • I called my Jalorda "Viper" cause he is a snake... lol.
    My leopard cat is "Night", I couldn't think well when I named him :/
    My pigeon bird is "Skye"... No reason XD
    My Reshiram is "Reshy". lol.

Kamigoroshi

Moemon Hunter
    Years
  • I always give my Team Pokemon either Latin, Norse or mythical creature names. For example:
    Neck: From the german river creature Wasserneck, more commonly known as Nöck.

Udjat: Ancient Egypt for Eye of Horus.

Gaur: Taken from the wild Bovinae species Bos gaurus.

Harpy: Taken from the Harpia harpyja species.

Hydra: Taken from the Lernaean Hydra creature of Greek mythology.

Fimbulvetr: Also known as Fimbul Winter in English. Though for that nickname I have to wait for the American/European release for obvious reasons.

Years
  • I like using latin names on my pokemon, and I've already thought of plenty of pokes to name:

Jarlorda: Venon, cuz Venom means "poison" (but I thought Venon sounded cooler).
    Waruvial: Ladron, cuz it means "thief". I think he looks criminal and kind of darkish imo.
    Abagoora: Tortuga, means "turtle". I love this nickname, and it's original, clearly.
    Denchura: Chincho, means "bug", and yet again i'm original. I think it sounds cute and cool at the same time.
    Shanderaa: Corona(=crown), Sombra(=shadow) OR Chama(=fire). I'm leaning towards Corona, cuz I think the name suits it best, but I like em all.
    Ononokusu: Machado, means "axe". Awesome name, i'm really proud of myself by finding it. :3
    Wargle: Avi (=bird :3), suits it well imo.
    Sazandora: Tremor (=fear) or Orrore (=horror). Cuz its scary..
    Ulgamoth: Polilla (=moth). Yep, cute and well-suited.

Thats about it for now. :P

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • Right now, my Pokemon's names in my Pokemon White and Black are their original Japanese names. I won't name them until the English versions come out in Spring. I like to learn their Japanese names as I battle with them. Normally, I give my Pokemon Latin names corresponding to anything that relates to the Pokemon itself.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • What kind of nickname are you, how do you represent the Pokémon you do~
    Fimbulvetr: Also known as Fimbul Winter in English. Though for that nickname I have to wait for the American/European release for obvious reasons.

Fimbulvetr sounds like an awesome/epic name! :D From my research, it [Fimbulwinter] appears to be a term of Norse mythological origin that means great/big winter, said to prelude Ragnarok. Whatever that ice Pokemon is, I'm probably giving it that nickname (or any other ice Pokemon of greater magnitude)! :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    I plan on naming my Kibago Chau-Chau or Chauvelin because it learns the move guillotine later on. It comes from the Scarlet Pimpernel, the main antagonist is a French Revolutionary, where they would chop off aristocrats heads using the guillotine.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Recently came up with 2 more nicknames:

Waruvial's took me a while, but I finally settled on the nickname 10ACIOUS D (I haven't even listened to the band; I just think the name sounds cool!). :D The corrupted rendering of "tenacious" is to represent how steadfast and unyielding Waruvial appears to be after having been pissed off to a great extent :cer_shifty:. The "D" can represent desert or dunes (referencing Waruvial's Ground-typing) as well as the damage Waruvial will be dishing out. Not to mention it can also reference 'dile (as in crocodile).

Other nicknames I threw around were Jaws, Mr. Jaws, Big Red, Code Red (reserved for Tyranitar), and Crocodune (suggested by someone in another thread...).

For the new electric zebra, I devised the nickname Grand Prix. IMO, the Pokemon seems like an intriguing blend of old-fashioned and modern means of transportation (horses and electronic vehicles, respectively). Additionally, it's one of the few Pokemon I know of that would be fitting for a traditional race. :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Recently came up with 2 more nicknames:

Waruvial's took me a while, but I finally settled on the nickname 10ACIOUS D (I haven't even listened to the band; I just think the names sounds cool!). :D The corrupted rendering of "tenacious" is to represent how steadfast and unyielding Waruvial appears to be after having been pissed off to a great extent :cer_shifty:. The "D" can represent desert or dunes (referencing Waruvial's Ground-typing) as well as the damage Waruvial will be dishing out. Not to mention it can also reference 'dile (as in crocodile).

Other nicknames I threw around were Jaws, Mr. Jaws, Big Red, Code Red (reserved for Tyranitar), and Crocodune (suggested by someone in another thread...).

Lol, the best name I could come up with for Waruvial is Zimbabwe, since it's based off of a crocodile n' all... (y'know... because some crocodiles live in Africa...? :x)

For this line, the nickname I decided on would definitely be Cashmere.
    Yeah, it does seem kinda random, but since its dex entry states that it makes clothing for other Pokemon, I thought of Cashmere, as in cashmere sweaters or something. x3

The Red Chain

Blue / Scarf / Zexer / Tara / Sugoi / Melodi
    Aren't I creative~? :D;
    Zexer, Tara, Sugoi, and Melodi are all written in their according Japanese characters in-game, but I'm too lazy to write those here.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2011
    I'd probably name Tepig (that is, if I end up picking him) Gui Montag, Zerg Toaster or Firebat.

Reminded me of a Firebat from Starcraft when I saw the last evolution. I'm not really one to nickname, but that's what I was thinking.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I have always been the type of person that will give my Pokemon their Japanese names or nicknames of their Japanese names, and I will be doing that in this generation also

:t354:TG

Back