• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of piercing? D:

So...?

• Monroe.

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Snakebites.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Vertical labret.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Eyebrow.

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

emoBill™

† мазохист †
Years
  • I'm being allowed by my mother to get a piercing on the day after I graduate, which is coming up in two or three months. But I'm only allowed to get one and it can't be anything too extreme. It has to be on my face, which means no corset piercing, which sucks, because I really want one. Oh well :/ So yeah, which piercing do you think I should get? (All following definitions come from Wikipedia and other Internet sources.)

Monroe: a lip piercing placed off-center, above the upper lip and is meant to resemble a beauty spot. A Monroe piercing looks like this.

Lip ring: a type of body piercing that penetrates the lips or the area surrounding the lips, which can be pierced in a variety of ways. [This is really general but what I would consider is either snakebites or a vertical labret.]

Eyebrow ring: a type of body piercing done through the eyebrow, usually vertically. [This is the original idea I had, but I don't know if it would look okay on me because I'm getting mixed reviews. It would look like this.]

So those are the three [or technically, four] choices I'm trying to decide between. Of course, a lot of people are telling me I'd look good with a nose ring but I don't think my mom is going to let me do that. She's already set on the eyebrow ring but if it doesn't look good I'd rather try and get her to say yes to one of these. I really like the vertical labret but I also like the eyebrow still...I don't know D:

Of course you couldn't properly judge without some pictures of me, so here you are.

[AGELIMIT]
    Spoiler:
    [/AGELIMIT]
    ^ Slight cleavage pic.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Help me out? D:

And as a bonus for helping me out, here is a picture of a very pierced man.

What kind of piercing? D:

You go, dude.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    hmm, i think a monroe would look great on you. my sister use to have one, but it closed up :/. its easy to manage and the piercing wouldnt be a problem if you get a job, since its not that noticable if you dont have your peircing in and most jobs require that you don't have those kind of things. it isnt suppose to hurt that much, and there will probably be not as much swelling as a lip ring.
    i personally don't like eyebrown rings. no offense.

well, thats just my opinion on what kind you should get :D

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • That's what I'm thinking since Monroes seem to be the most popular choice that my friends have suggested. But I just got another suggestion that said that maybe I should have angel bites, which are double Monroes [one on each side of the upper lip, like you take a Monroe and do the same thing on the other side]. So I don't know. I'm so confused xD

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Hmm, I think a Monroe would be the way to go. My friend has snakebites and the eyebrow piercing (plus ears and nipples o_O), and they're just too intrusive, especially considering that my school doesn't allow any jewellery (gah spelling that is hard) whatsoever.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Savannah! Where the hell have you been, you could have told me you gotta name change. >_>

Snakebite all the way. I just gotta thing for them. I like it even better when it's only one ring and not two. Looks cooler. xD

Monroe is a close second though. It's really popular. xD

Ayselipera

No offence, but I feel like honesty is best in this situation. I don't think you could rock any of those. I've never seen someone with a Monroe who can pull it off and lip rings annoy me. If you really want one then I'd settle for the eyebrow ring.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Snakebites. Oh god, they're hot.

That'd be my choice.
    But I don't know if I'm giving this advice concerning your face shape and such, or just because I like snakebites.

The fact that the vertical labret is sort of in your mouth, would scare me a little and to be honest, might become annoying when eating, etc.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    If anything, don't get a Monroe. I don't like how it looks like a silver mole.
    You shouldn't get snakebites because they just wouldn't look that good on you.

I'd suggest the eyebrow one if you only wanted us to choose between those four, but I'd just suggest getting some other things considered cool and/or rebellious thing these days.

Last edited:

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • El Snake bites...I would get them...but then again I like my Scene Kid/Emo Rocker mix. Yeah I don't know either. ;)

-Okami

Years
  • None of the above, but if it's got to be something then the eyebrow because it seems least intrusive and a good place to test out how well you can pull off facial piercings.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • i think facial piercings are horrid ( '')b where is the "none" option
    Where is the "that was completely unnecessary" option? What? We don't have one? Well, we should, for posts like this.

Hm. I'm thinking I'd probably get the eyebrow piercing for right now. Just as an experiment. I might get snakebites later, as a test. I'm going to get a corset piercing when I'm like 24-25 or something because I think that's pretty much the coolest thing in the world.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Out of the options given, I would have to say that you should get the Monroe. For personal tastes, I find that any facial (for lack of a better word) piercings apart from a modest nose piercing is rather inappropriate and, to be frank, rather ugly; especially snakebite piercings. Maybe it's just because I have a rather conservative personality or I just find them to be unattractive in general. The Monroe piercing seems to be the most appropriate for -- not just you, but anybody -- if you must get a facial piercing, that is. However, if I were to suggest one that you should get, since you want one, I would suggest an anti-eyebrow, or a basic labret. And if you are going for bites in general, I would say that spiderbites, like the ones displayed on #3 of this image, would go nicely.. but this is coming from someone who doesn't like facial piercings in general, as I said.

The Red Chain

To be brutally honest, I don't think any facial piercing would look that great on you.
    I like piercings and all.. but.. I dunno, I just can't picture you with any facial piercings and it looking good.
    If you absolutely must I say eyebrow piercing. Lip piercings are a definite no-go on you.
    Then again, this is just my opinion.

Back