• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of player are you?

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
  • I suppose I'm usually a serious player, but only during the post-game. If it is my first time playing, I just try to learn a lot about the Pokemon and the region through casual play. But once that Champion is beat, you better know I'm breeding the best, and training the best!

Anguscr4p

3rd Gen Enthusiast
    Years
  • I'm a semi-serious player.

I aim to catch good-natured pokemon, and I generally plan my team ahead of time, for balance's sake. I train in increments, usually 2 or 3, and rarely deviate. I use the best movesets I can and aim for good coverage on all pokemon. I try to use each and every pokemon in a region in repeated playthroughs. I don't EV train, and I don't breed in story mode. Post game, and competitively?

HARDCORE, BABY.

In my pokemon Diamond game, I have 440/493 in my pokedex, and about 320 caught. I have 5 different boxes full of Lv. 50, somewhat EV trained competitively viable pokemon that I use in the battle tower, against friends, and occasionally on Wifi. I used to battle competitively over Shoddy Battle and Pokemon Online, but my community died, so I haven't done so since about 2011.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • A very serious player. I don't base my team on my own interests. Well not entirely.

During the story of the game, my team is based solely on the Gym Leaders, Trainers and the Elite Four/Champion at the end of the game. In short, my team is based on battles yet to come.

Post-game is when I get even more serious. EV training becomes my focus. Then reluctantly grinding to level 100.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
    Years
  • Casual unless I find a Pokemon I like. Then I EV train it and make it as powerful as possible. Just for fun. I don't compete or anything, too busy playing League of Legends.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
    Years
  • Main-story: Casual.

Everything else: Semi-serious to serious.

When it's down to playing a game for the first time, it's all about seeing the new Pokemon and what they can do. After I've beaten the game and learned a few things, then I start setting up with Natures, IVs, and EVs.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Don't really care about EV's and IV's until I beat the game, since it would be too easy with a 31 IV's in all stats, and 252 in the desired stats. For the story, it depends. I'm usually serious with picking what team I want to use for the game.

Back