• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What kind of pokeball did you use to capture Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza and why?

What pokeball did you use to capture Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza?

• Total voters
    Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I was SRing Kyogre for IVs, and because my brother (who's DS I was using; mine's being repaired) was getting very impatient, I began using my Master Ball to speed up the process.

Haven't caught Rayquaza yet, only because my brother hasn't beaten the Kanto league yet in SS.

Porygon3

The Pokemaniac
    Years
    I caught Kyogre with a Master Ball. Why? Because after hours of attempting with other balls, he would just keep healing with Aqua Ring. And I had no Sleep/Paralyz moves to use on him. I figured that if I saved my Master Ball in this game, I would just end up not using it at all.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    I caught Groudon and Kyogre in both games using Ultra Ball.
    Like Suicune, I used my Victreebel (I've traded it in HG only for Kyogre).
    Razor Leaf, Razor Leaf, Acid, 1 PS left (Groudon), Sleep Powder, 3 Ultra Ball and...catched!

For Rayquaza, I decided to use a different strategy.
    I started with my Platinum's level 80 Gengar, reduced to 0 Rayquaza's Rest PPs with Spite, change with Emerald's level 70 Salamence, used Dragonbreath, paralyzed, change with Victreebel, used Acid and Sleep Powder (2x), Heavy Ball and...catched!

Last edited:

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    As I always say, forget catching legendaries, they aren't usually very strong, are generally WAAYY overused, and, hey, it's free EXP. (Reason I say they aren't very strong is solely based on an experience in which I killed a Dialga with Dunsparce. Yeah, it happened.)

nielsnijhof

Pokemon Master in training
    Years
    I caught Kyogre with a Master Ball. Why? Because after hours of attempting with other balls, he would just keep healing with Aqua Ring. And I had no Sleep/Paralyz moves to use on him. I figured that if I saved my Master Ball in this game, I would just end up not using it at all.

And I was stupid enough to waste it on a Ho-Oh >.<"

Back